Multiple seasons!

• Thread starter Thread starter istate
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 890

istate

Reaction score
Has anybody played several seasons in the 2012 version? I think there might be a problem with the game engine.

After the 1st season the results become very inconsistent regardless of how well u line up your side and how good the players are. You can have world beaters inyour team and get thrashed by a rubbish team. I have played this game for years so I know quite a bit about management games.

I have watched morale closely and many other 'real' management issues but to no avail. There is something in this game that i'm not getting right. The tactics I use must be ok cos it gives me good success int he first season. in real football teams stick to the same style for years and get success.

Has anyone else had this problem? please discuss this here or if you have any suggesstions or know somehting I dont please let us know. ^^)

true, but the same goes for multiple seasons of consistent success. but that doesnt happen in fm2012/2011

Normally 2nd season syndrome occurs because of the team gelling with new players getting in the team, especially if playing in the first 11 immediately. Some will excel but most need time to gel together with the rest of the teammate and get used to the new tactic.

I always get new players 1 season before needing to replace my current squad. So no matter a world class or potential he is, he will be mostly playing as a sub the 1st season he's come in...

The AI must be getting used to your tactic. Mix up your tactic and keep them guessing. Find another formation and alternate.
Also it might just be a bad patch you're going through. Does that happen for every club you manage? I remember in FM11 i was couldn't buy a win with Milan after coming off a treble winning season. Just stuck through the bad patch and things improved.
It happens in real life too. Look at Manchester Utd right now. After a season of reaching CL Final and winning the league they're getting bounced out of the League Cup by Crystal Palace and thrashed at home by City. I don't think it's unrealistic to go through bad stretches at times even if your management of the club is great. I think Sir Alex will vouch for that.

Back