my bognor game

• Thread starter Thread starter yidoyido10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 795

yidoyido10

Reaction score
im just finishing my 2nd season at bognor (finished 7th 1st season) and have had a pretty amazing season.

Granted I have reuinion players in my squad, but this is my first crack at lower league so why not!

Ive romped the league, and had it sown up with 8 games to go. Ive finished on 102 points, with runners up on 72! So won it by 30 points basically. Ive also led the team to the semi final south of the conference league cup, and to wembley for the fa trophy final (have played it yet).

In addition, my reserves have won their division and U18s are 2nd by 2 points with 1 game left, so all in all a pretty successful season.

Im just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on next season? Whats the step up to BSP like? Ive beaten a number of BSP teams in both seasons in the cup so i guess i should be able to compete at least.

Is there any particular players i could have a chance of signing that would improve my team and tear it up in the BSP?

Also my bank balance is 2.6mill at the mo. I basically arranged as many friendly tournaments as i could in the last pre season and made money off them and TV coverage for them. The budgets had already been set for the 2nd season though, so havent really seen any of the money yet. Any idea how much im likely to get to spend on transfers and wages for the coming campaign with that in mind?

thanks, any thought welcome

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

add to that.. ive just played my FA trophy final at Wembley against Oxford (finished 2nd in BSP) so was the massive underdog.

Got a 0-0 and won 4-3 on pens! get in! A double for the mighty Bognor Regis!

my budgets have just come in, ive got 1.5mill to spend!!! and 13k on wages!

any suggestions on who would be the best players i could sign? money no object (relatively speaking obviously)

You could sign some more reunion players, possibly invest in training ground and youth development.
If you look at players who are out of contract there are probably some bargains to be found there, normally is after the 2nd season

my budgets have just come in, ive got 1.5mill to spend!!! and 13k on wages!

any suggestions on who would be the best players i could sign? money no object (relatively speaking obviously)

I'm in my third season as Bognor in the BSP. My question is, how in the 9 hells did you get £1.5m transfer budget?! I don't even have a budget!

fulhamfan... if u read the 1st post it tells u were i got the money from. After 1st season i basically arranged as many friendly cups as poss in pre season with mostly championship opposition. Played about 8 or 9 of them. Each bringing in about 120k (thats what it said when arranging them anyway) and add to that most of them got TV coverage as well. So i guess i got lucky, as ive tried to do it again the following preseason and not been able to arrange as many or get TV coverage.

The budgets had already been set when i got all that money in so i didnt see any of it til now. Ive got about 2.7 in the bank balance and they have offered me 1.5 + 13k based on coming mid table in BSP

Back