AndySams10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have posted similar in 'which team should I be' but havnt had any responses that appeal to me, so thought I would try here.

Basically whenever I've played FM I've always stuck with one team and tried to take them to glory and reject offers to manage other teams as I want to be loyal to the team I started with. But now I want to start a save where im open to jobs from bigger teams or teams in a top division who are struggling and I can turn them around!!

I will be loading up English and Spainish leagues as these are the top 2 leagues in Europe and where hopefully my future lies, but don't want to start in England or Spain. Now this is where I'm struggling, I would like a team, where I can make a name for myself and build up my reputation so teams will be after my managerial skills in the future, that has abit of money to spend, no more than 1-2 million or can be lower, but also has slightly more in the bank, to help out if needed. I would like the team to be able to compete for European places almost straight away, but not be in the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. I have tried Rio Ave in Portugal, but after the first 2 months, I went from being 400k in the black to almost 500k in the red and I didn't buy any players or coaches, so am unsure why it happened, so I'm asking for all your suggestions please.

Thanks everyone, even if other countries outside Europe give me what I'm looking for, will explore them too.

Look forward to the responses.

Last edited:
..I don't get it, break it down again?

Okies here goes......

A team not in Spain or England to start as this is where I hope to end up after a few seasons, And also don't want Germany, Italy or France. An up and coming country like Portugal for example. Where I can also improve my reputation by being successful and get noticed by teams in higher leagues, abit like Mr Mourinho I guess.
Am looking for a team that isn't in the top 3 or 4 teams in that country that I start in. Would like some money to spend, but not loads and the team to have a healthy bank balance just incase I need to ask for abit more. The team would have a few good players to maybe compete with the top teams and aim for a European place in their first season.
I don't mind starting in a country outside of Europe either, if there
are teams that match what I'm looking for!

Hope that helps guys, sorry it wasn't that clear before!

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hey all,

Any suggestions or ideas?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Start in Portugal as there is no work permits and is a bit of a challenge to break the big clubs (Porto, Benfica, Braga, Sporting Lisbon). Even start in the league below the top division and build a team. After a few seasons you will probably get some good offers. Hope this helps in your decision and good luck (think I might do this myself)

Start in Portugal as there is no work permits and is a bit of a challenge to break the big clubs (Porto, Benfica, Braga, Sporting Lisbon). Even start in the league below the top division and build a team. After a few seasons you will probably get some good offers. Hope this helps in your decision and good luck (think I might do this myself)

Yeah have started a save with Rio Ave in Portugal, but keep losing money each week, even though I havnt bought anyone and don't know why! But Portugal is most appealing at present, just need that team now, where they have abit to spend and also a healthy bank balance, any ideas?

Thanks

Yeah have started a save with Rio Ave in Portugal, but keep losing money each week, even though I havnt bought anyone and don't know why! But Portugal is most appealing at present, just need that team now, where they have abit to spend and also a healthy bank balance, any ideas?

Thanks

I just started with Boavista in the Third Division. Was a good club back in their day. Are in a bit of financial trouble but have a 30,000 all-seater stadium. Here is a screenshot of the Club Information:

View attachment 168198

Maybe the Dutch League,Protugeese or Russian?
The russians can be quite rewarding.

I just started with Boavista in the Third Division. Was a good club back in their day. Are in a bit of financial trouble but have a 30,000 all-seater stadium. Here is a screenshot of the Club Information:

View attachment 168198

Yeah just been looking at them, think I'll have an in-depth look at all the teams.

Thanks mate, good luck with yours.