My Chelsea Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter Conorcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2K

Conorcfc

Reaction score
Gonna take over Chelsea and regenerate the whole squad.

Gonna get rid of the full Starting XI bar Mata, Sturridge and a few others and bring in new players. My question is, what players do you guys recommend?

Thinking of playing a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 with Mata at the point of the diamond as the main playmaker and shaping the team around him.

I basically wanna dismantle Mourinho's Chelsea and get rid of the deadweight too.

Yeah I'll probably hold onto them and the likes of McEachran too. Basically want rid of all of Mourinho's players.

Romeu has a low ceiling not really going to be a top DM.

If you want to start clean slate - I recommend De Rossi, Badelj, Montoya, Hummels, Muniain, Hazard - basically the usual suspects.

Also I highly recommend keeping Cech, you simply cannot find a GK like that without giving up an arm and a leg.

Other good performers from my Chelsea time - David Luiz, Fernando Torres (don't ask), Mata (duh), Sturridge (plays above his abilities, but will constantly whine about training workload), Ramires.

Dead weight - Essien, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda

Romeu has a low ceiling not really going to be a top DM.

If you want to start clean slate - I recommend De Rossi, Badelj, Montoya, Hummels, Muniain, Hazard - basically the usual suspects.

Also I highly recommend keeping Cech, you simply cannot find a GK like that without giving up an arm and a leg.

Other good performers from my Chelsea time - David Luiz, Fernando Torres (don't ask), Mata (duh), Sturridge (plays above his abilities, but will constantly whine about training workload), Ramires.

Dead weight - Essien, Drogba, Kalou, Malouda

I was considering Ter Stegen to replace Cech. Not sure about this one, but Adler always had a 17.5M release clause in FM11. Yet to check this year though.

I'm not sure whether I wanna keep Torres or not tbh.

Give it a go, maybe Stegen or Adler work out for you, but I personally rank Cech as second best keeper behind Reina in FM.

I played Torres out of necessity and he stayed healthy and did very well.

He plays very well when he's healthy, he's very direct and runs at defenders causing nightmares for slower CBs.

However he is quite prone to injury (long term and otherwise) and his mammoth contract is another reason you may not want to keep him.

What's the best methods to getting the most for your players? I've experienced that the majority of AI bid's are spilt over a monthly basis, and well I need money up front mostly as I'm regenerating the whole team.

Courtois will be a nice replacement for Cech once he comes back from Atletico Madrid on loan... Prob u might need one more young DF for ur squad too...

What's the best methods to getting the most for your players? I've experienced that the majority of AI bid's are spilt over a monthly basis, and well I need money up front mostly as I'm regenerating the whole team.

You may want to "cheat" here, since you will never generate enough money from selling players to properly replace them.

When you offer players, other teams see them as cut-price. They are not needed, therefore their value goes down. On the other hand if you want a player that his current team does not want to let go, you will have to pay a premium over his current value.

If you don't give yourself a cash injection manually, you will most likely weaken the squad.

Back