"my client isn't currently prepared to restart discussions..."

Rami7

Reaction score
how long does this stay for? I offered a contract to an out of contract player, then withdrew it because I thought I could've got a better deal...unlike the other FM's it doesn't let me offer another contract straight away and he's close to signing a deal with another club. FML.

how long does it take to be able to re-open discussions for a contract?

how long does this stay for? I offered a contract to an out of contract player, then withdrew it because I thought I could've got a better deal...unlike the other FM's it doesn't let me offer another contract straight away and he's close to signing a deal with another club. FML.

how long does it take to be able to re-open discussions for a contract?

First of all I have no idea but had a few experiences with it and never resolved it :(

Happened to me when I tried to offer Heskey a new contract to lower his wages and then exitted talks. Went back on it 2 seconds laters and now he wont enter talks haha.. Pain in the ***.

Also signed a coach because I badly needed a tactics coach but I signed him as a youth coach by accident (Fail). So i tried to offer him a contract as a coach instead an he wont enter talks with me because hes only just signed a contract and im guessing he wont for a while now either.

So now am stuck with no tactics coach and no space for any more coaches because I hit my limit lol.

well, at least I'll be sure not to make that mistake then. Thanks!

haha it sucks...thank god he rejected the 2 other contract offers he got and i'm able to offer him one now.

for anyone wondering, it took about 3 weeks.

This is a quite nice addition, making fm look even more realistic

First of all I have no idea but had a few experiences with it and never resolved it :(

Happened to me when I tried to offer Heskey a new contract to lower his wages and then exitted talks. Went back on it 2 seconds laters and now he wont enter talks haha.. Pain in the ***.

Also signed a coach because I badly needed a tactics coach but I signed him as a youth coach by accident (Fail). So i tried to offer him a contract as a coach instead an he wont enter talks with me because hes only just signed a contract and im guessing he wont for a while now either.

So now am stuck with no tactics coach and no space for any more coaches because I hit my limit lol.

you could sack him ;)

yeah and then what? The guy won't come back a day later wanting to be a senior trainer....
That wouldn't even happen in FM 10 so I doubt that'll work in 11.

Happened to me when trying to sign Stern John for Walsall on a free transfer, I tried in August but I didnt have enough money due to the agents fee.
Day before the free transfer deadline, Stern John sacked his agent and I managed to snap him up. Took me about 2 months until I could start negotiating again, but that could have been because he sacked his agent.

you could sack him ;)

Hes 5 star so dont want to haha.

yeah and then what? The guy won't come back a day later wanting to be a senior trainer....
That wouldn't even happen in FM 10 so I doubt that'll work in 11.

What you on about you can offer new contracts to people all the time and they dont say they don't want to enter talks unless there unhappy or retiring in the nere future.

Plus he would listen to offers, I could be offering a massive wage rise or anything.. I'm sure most coaches would prefer to coach senior players than youth aswell.

What you on about you can offer new contracts to people all the time and they dont say they don't want to enter talks unless there unhappy or retiring in the nere future.

Plus he would listen to offers, I could be offering a massive wage rise or anything.. I'm sure most coaches would prefer to coach senior players than youth aswell.

He is saying if you fire the guy, then try to sign him, he won't even consider coming back since you fired him.

I'm getting this with players I've never previously had talks with, it makes no sense, and there isn't even any fix I can find with an editor, FMRTE or anything