My Day With “Crisis”-Hit Benítez

• Thread starter Thread starter Lee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 710

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Came across this article, I recommend all Liverpool fans give it a read...

If Anfield is the outer appearance of Liverpool FC – its face, its skin, its very public expressions – then Melwood is its heart, its guts, its nervous system.

When Rafa Benítez personally invites me to meet him for lunch at the legendary training ground, Liverpool have just seen their six-game winning streak come to an end in Italy, but things are still looking good. There is no agenda; just a long overdue chance to say hello, and say thank-you for taking the time to write for the official site for four years.

And it is still only a few months ago that Real Madrid and Manchester United were thrashed, and a genuine title challenge was mounted, despite the 4th-most expensive squad (now 5th) and the 4th-most expensive wage bill (now 5th).

Read More

This is a great article Lee, good find. It really puts things into perspective and that Rafa is the right man for the job.

This is a good find, I'll bookmark this site now and this does give an insight to why he should remain.

Also you should all read the Rafa book by the guy balguae(his close friend) its really good .(couple of years old now)

Thanks Irish, do you have a link as to where I could get this book from? I like the look of some youth players as the article mentions; Kelly, Ayala, Nemeth and Pacheco(Our potential Gerrard replacement perhaps?) Considering Rafa has had to re-construct every team this article proves that he has done a good job.

Back