My FM is NOT Working I need Urgent help!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Craig-Rafa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1K

Craig-Rafa

Reaction score
When I want to play Football Manager 10 it is like a lottery I never know when it will work or not. But 90 percent of the time it freezes and this has nothing to do woth my lap top it is top spec. I dont know what to do sometimes it stays 15 minutes saying '' NOT RESPONDING'' !!

The next problem is when I wanna save the game I have to click ''Quit Game'' and then it asks me to save the game before I quit. If I just do the normal thing and save game it freezes and everything I have done will never be able to be recovered!!

WTF is going on!!

are you on the latest patch? the game is prone to crashes and freezing on the default install without a patch.

update it here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=73
i would advise downloading 10.2 as it incorporates thepreviousr 2.

if this doesnt work then i would advise a complete uninstall and fresh install of fm.

and jujst how 'top spec' is your laptop? because it sounds like you dont have enough ram to me. if you are running vista on 1gb of ram youve got no chance of running fm.

Ya I am using 10.2 and I think I have 4gb RAM on 7! I think I better do an uninstall so thanks for the help man I will let you know if it is fixed!

Ya I am using 10.2 and I think I have 4gb RAM on 7! I think I better do an uninstall so thanks for the help man I will let you know if it is fixed!

ok yeah let us no. if that doesnt work im sure someone will have the solution.

you could also try opening task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) and then click processes. right click fm.exe and change the priority to high

did u read the other posts nick? lol :)

I done both of what you said first I put FM.exe to priority and that worked for maybe 4 hours but went back to the same so I reinstalled it and it is froze now!!

Its so annoying but thanks for the help anyway!

it freezes on me alot in matchs so i play fm 2010 in 2d mode and its never happened again so try that mate sorry cant help with anythink else jim

I done both of what you said first I put FM.exe to priority and that worked for maybe 4 hours but went back to the same so I reinstalled it and it is froze now!!

Its so annoying but thanks for the help anyway!

hmmm that soudnds like a memory leak. did u definitely patch your game?

you could try running 2d mode, maybe you graphics card isnt powerful enough for 3d games...

Back