• Thread starter Thread starter SammyJH94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 6K

SammyJH94

Reaction score
View attachment 250749

My Journey with AS Saint-Etienne

Hello all and welcome to my journey wich will be with AS Saint-Etienne, i decided to do my fm12 story with this team as i feel it will be a good challange for me to see how far i can go with them as well as this story being as fun for you guys to read as it will be for me playing. I have no known knowledge of this team so it should be very interesting for me managing a club i know very little about.

So far from what ive played with AS Saint-Etienne the board would like me to have a top half finish in the table wich i feel should be easily done as im going to try and push the club into europe by the end of my first season, the major problem i came across is that the club has given me no transfer funds and wages are -£600 so it will be interesting to see how this all works out.

This is my very first time posting a story on the forums so all feedback and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated, also id love you guys to keep the feedback always coming in and it drives me on to playing more and motivates me, id also like to try something new wich is get you guys "involved" with the decisions made at the club like transfers etc. ill also be adding in more screenshots etc as i progress and gain more experience posting.Thanks for reading guys and i hope you stay tuned on my story.

Cheers, Sam.

Last edited:
an interesting choice, mate.. just googled As Saint Etienne, i liked their kit a lot.. looking forward to your story..

if you put up some screenshots of your squad and talk us through what tactic you are going to use that i think would be quite interesting to read..

are you going to use a special different tactic to beat the big teams in your league like Olympique Lyon, Marseille or PSG for example..

as you don't have any transfer budget you might rely on getting players on loan but some clubs still will want a loan fee so you might end up going for youngsters mainly if you need players..

keep us informed how it's going.. will be following the thread..

View attachment 250854

Pre-Season Summary

View attachment 250852

Overall i thought that pre-season could have gone alot better but with still very little knowledge of my team and the best players i feel it may be a bit tricky the first few months working out the correct tactics for my squad. Even though the results werent the best my main focus is to get fimilar with my team as quickly as i can.

With still no transfers looking likely to be coming in ill be concentrating on youth and younger players wich are suprisingly alot better than i would of expected.

With a tough 1st month in Ligue 1 around the corner i feel it may be a much bigger challange than i first thought to bring the best out this team, stay tuned as the 1st month will be posted later on today.

cheers, Sam.

Last edited:
maybe it's just my computer but i can't see the attachments.. saying it's an invalid link...

If memory serves me right IRL Saint Etienne have one of the most promising French strikers to come through in years - Idriss Kadril or something like that.

Btw... The abbreviation for this club on the tv is ASSE. Hee hee

View attachment 250859

August Fixtures :

View attachment 250861

Bordeaux 3 - 1 AS Saint-Etinne - First Ligue 1 game wasnt the best start, we got outplayed on every part of the pitch but with the poor pre-season i was expecting a hard game.

AS Saint-Etinne 1 - 0 AS Nancy - I was very pleased we bounced straight back from our loss, only thing i felt could of been improved was the goals as we were all over them the full 90 minutes.

OM 1 - 1 AS Saint-Etinne - We were very lucky to walk away from this game with a point as we werent in the game at all and OM will be kicking themselves not to have gotten all 3 but overall i was pleased to have gotten a point from this.

FC Sochaux-Montbe 0 - 0 AS Saint-Etinne - Slight repeat of the last game, werent really in the game and got lucky to walk away with a point, although i felt we should of posed more of a threat to a side of this starndard.

[CUP] Havre AC 3 - 0 AS Saint-Etinne - Although i made alot of changes for my younger players to get a chance at playing this should of never been a defeat, very dissapointing result wich knocks us out the Coupe de la ligue.

August Round Up
Played - 5
Wins - 1
Draws - 2
Defeats - 2
Scored - 3
Conceded - 7

July was a rather poor month for the club but im not going to let it get to me as im still trying to work out the best tactics for my club and look ahead to next month wich hopefully shows signs of improvements.

Player of the Month

The player of the month was a hard one as i dont feel anybody played very well but it has to go to Stephane Ruffier (GK) for his fine performances and world class saves, although we conceded a fair amount of goals if it wasnt for him the scorelines could of been alot worse so its a good feeling knowing i have a keeper capable of making big saves at such a young age to.

View attachment 250866

September Fixtures

View attachment 250867
How do you guys think September will go? a better month for AS Saint-Etinne or another tough fixture list?

Thank you all for reading all your feedback and tips are welcome, are you guys enjoying it so far although its only a month in? do you like the way i set it out or do you have any suggestions to improve it,thanks again guys, September will be up later tonight.

Sam.

Last edited:
Your results went fairly as expected on paper I'd say. Bordeaux are one of the better teams in the league so it's no real shame to lose to them at home, very good result versus Marseille (who are much better on FM than they are currently in real life). Sochaux you should realistically have been looking for a win.

Scorewise I think you're lacking a goalscorer there.

i would be interested to know what formation you're playing.. if you're having difficulty scoring you might want to have a look at tactics and see if you can make it better..

View attachment 250910

September Results :

View attachment 250914

AS Saint-Etinne 1 - 3 Lille - Very dissapointing game, even though lille are a top team i felt especially home we should of brought more to the game, never really got into the game.

FC Lorient 1 - 1 AS Saint-Etinne - was overall not the best result but after a shicking first half the lads gone out and changed the 2nd half to get something out the game, still not good enough overall performance also missing a penalty.

AS Saint-Etinne 3 0 Toulouse FC - Probably the best ive seen the squad play, with a team meeting and few tweaked tactics before the game it seemed to have did the trick.

AS Saint-Etinne 2 3 Stade Rennais - overall it was a hard thought game away from home against the leauge leaders, we took our chances well and stayed in the game and created chances right up intil the final whistle, bit gutted not to get any points on the board but was positives to take from this for sure.

September Round up

Played - 4

Wins - 1
Draws - 1
Defeats - 2
Scored - 7
Conceded - 7

Overall September had its moments of progress within the team with a few changes half way through the month the team is looking more confident already and hopefully this shall continue into next month.

Player of the Month

View attachment 250917

After some think i feel the player who performed best this month would have to be Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (ST) the 22 year old played well overall upfront and took his chances when they came scoring 3 of the 7 goals this month i feel he had a decent month.

October Fixtures :

View attachment 250918
Will October be better than this month? all feedback and comments are hugely apprecaited so keep them coming! cheers guys.

Sam.

Due to the me sitting in 14th place in Febuary I've decided that I'm going to quit with this team and begin with someone new, I'll have the same layout as before only with a different team, just was getting pretty stupid with some decisions being made and wasn't any fun to play basically getting nowhere. Sorry guys.

Sam.

Back