My journey of self discovery on FM13!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Fanty111
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

Fanty111

Reaction score
Ask Mike. he'll tell you i was ****** off and frustrated and on the verge of quitting!

dont lose faith guys! heres my story

i did poo with blackburn in the premiership after getting them promoted, got the bayern job and did **** finished 8th first season and then my second season looked like a sack was on the cards....but after the winter break something happened

View attachment 299435

After the Stuttgart game which i lost i was ready to throw myself out the window but then i decided that I needed to use the inner tactician in me!

I started using a 4-3-3 and made no changes to how its layed out on team instructions other than setting my mcl who is a Cm/Support to run from deep often and my striker as a DLF/Support (acts almost like a second striker and carves up their midfield)

the key came when I started studying the effect of in game shouts! my advice is in the match screen open the tab of the oppositions formation and leave it open at all times! check the weather before the game as to what passing play you use

for eg...if im facing a team thats playing a 4-4-2...the midfield three in my team would batter their two if i exploited them so i used EXPLOIT THE MIDDLE along with standard ones i use like run at defense, playing wider or narrower if depending on what space they are leaving also

against a 4-2-3-1 formation i was using these shouts on on feet thinking during a game + Look for the overlap as there is a deep lack of cover between the wingers and full back....tight marking on the midfield two made the game open up on the break.

against 4-3-3's pushing higher up made it difficukt for the top man to do much like wise with 4-1-2-1-2 and limited the space of the AMC had to work with

tl,dr

open the opposition formation tab on match screen
use shouts depending on their styple of play not just your own!
and don't lose faith :-)

I made it out the other side, just missing out on a chamoions leage final and clawing back the title to munich and winning the cup. never thought it would happen in my wildest dreams! :)

Nice. I think it's better the game became tougher or just more realistic because the victory is much sweeter. I feel you really have to work hard with you're team to have a succesful team

There is so much variety of players ingame and mixed around all clubs that you often have to change formation, meaning you cant always play 4-3-3 with all clubs. The game itself is not broken, what is broken with FM13 is the freaking explanation of roles, mentality etc and everything connected to building a formation.

Some say its realistic, i disagree. My father is a top manager in the norwegian Tippeliga (top league in norway), and after i showed him FM13, he tried it with me for a couple of days until he one day said - "this game is far from realistic...".
So not only do i find FM13 far from realistic, but my father who is a full time working manager in real life say it is a but load of **** and a waste of time - then i do believe him.

But like many others, i like challenges. And FM13 is only a game, so once you understand the mechanism of FM13 - stop thinking what is realistic to do and to play, the more successful you will become. Look for those "loop holes" ingame, basicly set up your set crossing/free kicks/corners correct (take fully advantage of those type of goals) and combine them with another way of scoring then you most definitely would not have any problem having success on this game.

My advice, stop thinking realism - start looking at how the mechanics works = win win win.

I went undefeated with Man United for 4 seasons in a row, winning everything. I went on crushing everyone in the Norwegian league with Tromsø. But on my way of doing so, i have failed and failed and failed allot of times, until i finally found out how the freaking idiot AI works. After all, its just a computer intelligence.

Back