higgi94

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with Leeds?

For years I've been playing this game and never seem to get any better.

Please could someone suggest a tactics and also transfers that would help?

Thanks

The problem is FM isn't as easy as that. Ideally the best thing is for someone to go through your save with you and point at what's going wrong. I can read a thousand and one articles and strategy guides but they all overlap on information and tell you different things. It's hard to get hold of someone who truly knows what they're on about rather than the theorists.

First of all get rid of all the dead wood you can, if you know Leeds you know who they are!

If clubs are not interested then be aware that on this FM clubs are far more likely to take players as part of an exchange deal.
So say you want Fotheringham from Swindon, a decent keeper, more than adequate for the Championship and enough development left to make a decent profit should you sell. They want 1m for him.
"Suggest" 500k and Brown, Pugh and Tonge and see what they say. if you add up the cost of the cash and all the players they may well add up to more than the million Swindon want but you get rid of 3 lots of dead wages which is what matters.

(top tip, Vicente is on a free and looks good, dont bother, he's ALWAYS injured, get Gary Mackay-Steven from Dundee instead, he's well worth the money!)

The one thing that helped me no end was getting Arsenal as a parent club. Straight away brought in Jenkinson, Diaby and Sonogo on loan.
Scoured the rest of the Prem teams U21 sides for players I could get in on loan. End of the day its quality far in excess of anything I could afford to buy outright right now.
Ended up with 7 players in on loan, all part of the starting 11. Not really in the spirit of building a team but I was sick of languishing in the Championship, the Premiership is where the big money is!

Played a 4321 formation, 3 central midfielders, 2 set to ball winning supportive midfielders and the middle one set to advanced playmaker in a supportive role. 2 inside forwards set to attack and a single advanced forward.
Tactics were control and balanced, with "more direct passing" "work ball into box" and "higher tempo".
By the time you get all your loans in you should have a good quality team assembled that can out-pass most Championship opposition. If you struggle to bring the quality in then set your tactic to counter.

Haggle hard with contracts, if giving a defender a 300k bonus for scoring more than 30 goals will bring his wage down by 500 a week then its well worth it!
Also, when you get promoted you get LOTS of money, more than enough to pay off all the promotion bonus you might have offered so whack that up to the max.
As with team of the season, if they play well enough to get into it then its been worth the cost, offer that at the maximum too.
I always set relegation release clause at 0, might be a bit short sighted and tempting fate but I assume that if I get relegated I'm probably out of a job anyway.

Last edited:
i'm using leeds and doing ok, i'm 15 league games in View attachment 462958 and still in the cup with a win over totenham View attachment 462957 the formation and team shouts i'm using are View attachment 462956 very fluid overload trying to score more than the opponant, i use a lot of opposition instructions View attachment 462955 closing down, tight marking and show onto week foot for the whole team and then i also have my right and left foward man mark their opposit full backs View attachment 462954
player instructions
goal keepers/ pass it shorter and take quick throws
wing back/ shoot less often, stay wider, cross more often, pass it shorter, cross from deep, dribble less and cross aim far post
center back/ more direct passing
limited defender none
ball winning midfielder/ more direct passing
deep lying playmaker/ dribble less, pass it shorter
advanced playmaker/ play it shorter
deep lying forwards/ more direct passing, dribble more, move into channels and tight marking

i also use the custom corner scott wooton is good at scoring from in-swinging corners View attachment 462951 View attachment 462950
hope this helped :)

paulallan View attachment 462949

would it be easier to upload it?
It seems like suicide, but you're resoutls dont lie i suppose.
Is it FMC mode or normal career?

cheers. did create it after you're instructions last night but i lost vs swansea 5-1 and only had 2 shos on goal while they had 16.
but i sjall try again!