My Liverpool Career

• Thread starter Thread starter d.southy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 920

d.southy

Reaction score
I am just starting my 3rd season as Liverpool. The 1st season I didnt sign anyone but in season 2 I reviewed staff, players from 1st team to the youngsters. I bought Hazard (20m), Vaart (23m), Insua (6.75m), Caulker (9m), sold Cole for 3m and let loads of dead wood go for free. In the 2nd season I finished 2nd in league (1 pt behind Man City), Won League Cup and FA Cup. Knocked out of the CL by Real Madrid in the semi's. Players that are going good are Robinson, Henderson, Eccleston, Insua & Coates. Been offerred 14M for Coates but think he will be a solid player later.
So new season - Got good bank balance of £102m, £41m transfer kitty given. Noticed that the % of income available was low so i spoke to the board and got it upped to 90%.Sold Hazard to Man City for £35m (been awful for me), Bellemy retired. Bought Thibaut Courtois (17m in total- looks like he will be awsome player). Looking at good potential younger players now. Might sell Maxi and Kuyt but could do with a repalcement.

I am looking at basically doing an arsenal! Keeping alot of my available money in the bank for now. Looked at releasing Aquailini but will cost 4.5m - saying that he will cost me that in wages so is it best to release him now or keep him. As we speak i have just got a offer for loaning him for 30% of wages - that will save me £1.4m and then let his contract expire.

Going to have a good full evening on it tonight and hopefully get the pre-season done

Just been offered David Silva for 15m but wages too high.
Decided to loan him for the season with option to buy at £14m - paying 40% of his wages. Hopefully his wage demand will reduce by then.

Back