My Management Career - Real Sociedad!

• Thread starter Thread starter Daphon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5K

Daphon

Reaction score

Welcome to my story about my time as Real Sociedad Manager! I chose this club as I am looking for a challenge and a fun game.

So let's get Started!
R. Sociedad Pre Season/Transfers/Tactics

The Spanish Football Gazzette

"The new Sociedad manager was announced earlier today! Tom Blakemore, an English born, newcomer to the job has taken the reigns at this average mid table team. Phillipe Montanier left the club two weeks ago after becoming ill and deciding to take a year or two out of the job.

Blakemore has said he is living the dream after being appointed and will be hoping to raise this club to the very top!"

Transfers and Tactics

After seeing a fairly poor budget layout I decided to try and get as far as possible this year with the squad I inherited with a few loanees here and there.

IN
Abdul Razak (Loan) - Man City
Luiz Antonio (Loan) - Flamengo
Clement Grenier (Loan) - Lyon
Lionel Zouma (£1.7m) - FC Sochaux

OUT
None xD

As for tactics I am going to try and play a free flowing form of the 4-3-3 with 4 at the back, 3 centre mids and 3 up top with one in the middle and two inside forwards. I am going to try and keep the ball and not concede too many goals.

View attachment 252776

Pre Season

5 W
1 D
0 L

View attachment 252778

As you can see, we had a great pre season by my account and the draw against Besiktas is still a good result!

Stay tuned for more! Please post suggestions as I am always looking for ways to improve!

Interesting team choice there mate, will be nice to see how it goes with them :), check out my FC Twente story if you got time, on my second season.

1st Game and September!

Big month for us to show what we are about!

Sporting 1-1 R Sociedad - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252816

We started our season badly in my opinion as I hadn't really wanted my team to concede many goals however, 28 minutes in and that was history, in mid game I basically created a new tactic which allowed us to contain a lot more and focus on the counter attack.

New Tactic - 4-5-1 Defence
View attachment 252817

So what better way to test out this new containment than against Barcelona...

R Sociedad 0-1 Barcelona - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252819

Yes we lost, but it was a great effort, we even battered Barca in possession and we created a few good chances. In the end, I was expecting to lose so we played well!

Sevilla 0-1 R Sociedad - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252820

So the proof that this tactic can work against the bigger teams! Sevilla away, usually a game that most Sociedad teams would dread, but not mine! We might play a slightly boring game, but we make up for it in moments of brilliance with Carlos Vela at the forefront! Sevilla had possession but hardly any chances. We kept them on top of us, then unleashed a counter attack that broke their defence and allowed Vela to score!

R Sociedad 2-0 Granada - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252821

Second clean sheet in a row and even against lesser teams I have decided to field this tactic so that we don't leak goals like I know we have the ability to ;) Great display by Llorente who scored a screamer in the first half!

Mallorca 0-1 R Sociedad - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252822

Another away game without conceding! and another great game for the man Carlos Vela, although he is on loan, I can see him being a transfer target next season if I get the money!

Player of the Month: Carlos Vela

Nice team choice, I'm currently doing a story with your bitter rivals Bilbao!!! Good start though mate

Nice team choice, I'm currently doing a story with your bitter rivals Bilbao!!! Good start though mate

Cheers! I have just beaten Bilbao haha! You will have to keep up with this one then, I'm surprising myself here! haha!

October Update!

R Sociedad 2-0 Athletic Bilbao - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252872

So the month starts with an seasy game huh? Our bitter rivals Bilbao come to town and we aren't happy to see them, so we stick to the defensive tactic and win the game 2-0 with Carlos Vela on song once more!

Zaragoza 0-3 R Sociedad - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252876

Our first game where we have dominated from first whistle to last! Zaragoza put up no fight what so ever and we rolled them over easily! That man Vela yet again grabbing a goal before I decided to bring him off later on!

R Sociedad 2-2 Getafe - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252873

This was a huge disappointment as we had kept a clean sheet and a win streak up for a while now, but it had to end somewhere! But at home and to a Getafe team that were bottom of the table? Not good enough and I let the players know that... They scored early and when Veal grabbed our second we thought we had won, complacency creeping in?

Mallorca 1-4 R Sociedad - Spanish Cup 4th Round 1st Leg
View attachment 252874

My fears allayed as we storm back to Mallorca and give them even more reasons to hate the days they entertain my Sociedad team! Xabi Prieto scoring two penalties and a screamer to bag himself the match ball. Carlos Vela again on the scoresheet!

R Sociedad 0-1 R Madrid - LIGA BBVA
View attachment 252875

Not too downhearted, although it does end our unbeaten run. The one game this month where Vela hasn't found the net and he even missed to open chances during this game, Madrid and Barca are proving too good at the moment, maybe next season...

Table
View attachment 252886

Overview

I feel we could have done better against Getafe but we are still third and the board have just given me £4.4m extra to spend for January! Champions League football might be realistic for this season! I've just got to spend all the money I get wisely!

I have considered my long term goals now and I have come up with a few ideas. I will probably aim to bring in my own coaching staff and scouts at the end of the season, possibly try to upgrade youth and training facilities at the club, this will help me raise my own youth prospects. I may also look to upgrade or build a new stadium as the current "Anoeta Stadium" is currently gaining good attendances!

Stay tuned for more!

I will follow this if you promise to lose to Bilbao every time you play them from now on! lol.

It shouldnt take you too long to split the top 2 - I did it in my 5th year with Bilbao's transfer restrictions so you should have it slightly easier - having said that Bilbao start off with a better side arguably so who knows?

Good luck!!

I will follow this if you promise to lose to Bilbao every time you play them from now on! lol.

It shouldnt take you too long to split the top 2 - I did it in my 5th year with Bilbao's transfer restrictions so you should have it slightly easier - having said that Bilbao start off with a better side arguably so who knows?

Good luck!!

haha! Tell me about it! we are going through a sticky patch at the moment anyway so might not be that easy, so I duno, Sociedad seem to to lack any sort of consistency! haha

November Update - The bad month :/

Welcome to the November update from the Real Sociedad Save! This month we have a few problems keeping up with the good form that we started the season with. My transfer budget has been increased to about £3m so I am currently looking for youth, possibly wingers. My injuries and suspensions are getting on top of me as well and I find myself with no right winger as Xabi Prieto is out for 3 months... on top of that, we have started to leak goals despite our 5 games without conceding earlier this season!

Fixtures & Results:

Levante 1-0 R Sociedad
View attachment 253616
So after our valiant performance against Madrid I though Levante would have been a nice break for us, but we ended up conceding very early on and then not being able to produce anything for the rest of the game. Very disappointing!

Rayo 1-1 R Sociedad
View attachment 253618
After a comedy own goal at the start, we began playing some decent stuff and knocked the ball around well! We got the goal before half time which gave us a new lease of life! However much we banged on the door during the second half, it wasn't enough and we drew to a lowly Rayo side...

R Sociedad 0-0 Mallorca - Spanish Cup
View attachment 253617
Not much to say here, we had a huge lead anyway in the cup so a draw and a goalless one at that was good!

R Sociedad 2-0 Espanyol
View attachment 253615
Thats more like it! and with Vela scoring virtually just after I brought him on! We looked better here hopefully we could continue this form......

Betis 1-0 R Sociedad
View attachment 253614
....or maybe not, terrible display away from home and we should have really lost by more :/

Table:
View attachment 253619
Still not too bad, but next month I'm looking for a huge improvement, we need consistency back!

Hallo there, I started a story on with the mighty sociedad. But got no interest in it so stopped posting but i have carried it on and am in my second season. Won the spanish cup and finished 2nd in the league in first season.
Give me a shout if you want any advice or anything but tbh you seem to be doing pretty well.
Key player as im sure you know is vela. Only on loan but finished the season with about 35 goals for me and came second in the La Liga player of the year.

Back