My PC stopped working , can I play my current FM 12 save on another PC?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zoltan7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K
If you have your save on a flash drive or similar USB device, then yes, you simply need to move the file to the other PC (With FM installed) and place it in the games folder, then you can load.

If you don't have the save and can't get access to it, then no.

Last edited:
by stopped working do you mean your PC won't switch on or that its not running FM?

Thanks for the reply, but i haven't got the save on a flash drive or USB device so i guess I'm screwed.

I mean it's broken down, i plugged in the charger and I think a wire or something cracked, because it smelled like fire. But a guy told me i could just take out the hard disk and plug it into another PC/laptop, that would probably be my only chance of getting it back.

If you don't have the save and can't get access to it, then no.
g.gif

Then just put your hard disk into another PC, if it works then your game is save :)

P.S : Sorry for my bad english, I'm Indonesian.

If you can get someone to copy it off the failed drive then it'll work. Or what I do (as I play on 2pcs) I use dropbox which automatically uploads my save and syncs with both pcs. There's an article on the forums somewhere.

first to answer your question, If your HDD is functioning perfectly with no failure, you can buy an adapter which connects your HDD to the PC via USB and you can access everything on your HDD. Just remember that your HDD will not appear as the (C) drive..

What the guy told you, don't completely believe that this would work because if you connect your HDD to another PC and can't get access to it, your HDD may have failed. If it does work then great you don't have a HDD problem but have maybe a Power Supply issue.

Now, when you say its "Broken down", are you unable to get past the windows loading screen? or are you just unable to power on the computer?

There are different diagnostic procedures if its one or the other. Failing to get past the windows loading screen can either be a Disk problem or a HDD problem.

Failure to power on the PC may be a PSU failure, even if you have noticed a split or crack in the wires. Wires are protected by a plastic sheath, now if its just that which is cracked/split, your PC can still power on. The only easy way to test a PSU failure is to swap your current one for a known working one or by using a special kind of equipment.

If you CAN turn the PC on but get the "Blue screen of death" chances are your HDD has failed. The only way I know of testing this is:

1)using a special kind of equipment that tests and detects problems on all sectors on the HDD

2) if the PC/Laptop displays an error message upon boot up (as mentioned)

If you can't power on your PC/Laptop, from recent experiences, I'd say its a Power Supply failure unless your cable has completely snapped. Let me know if you can turn on your PC or not and I will help you diagnose your problem instead of spending money to find out what the problem is. Instead of creating a long, long thread, PM me.

Last edited:
if you have the game on steam you will b able to carry on ur old save on tht file as tht is how is works cos i had to get my comp fixed and i download steam again n i had my save b4 my computer needed to b fixed

Take a giant magnet, then rub it all over your hard drive if you want to completely destroy it

Back