Status
Not open for further replies.

Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
This isn't a story. I will not update every hour or everyday as some people might. But this Preston game is special to me, makes me remember why I play FM, and how the possibilities really are endless. Okay basically it started like this..

I was a bit bored of constantly starting games, losing my first few matches, starting again etc. So I decided to start with a team I've never been before. I chose Preston North End, now I don't know much about them, only that they are a mid-table Championship club who push towards the play-off's most year? I'm not 100%

I played the first year without buying or selling anyone. Kept the team as it was.. Signed no coaches, no scouts. I basically wanted a challenge that I couldn't screw up by overly buying/ selling. (apart form the obvious St. Ledger deal)

All in all was a successful year.. Winning the league, 1 point ahead of WBA. Which is my first trophy on FM10 :)

I knew the next year would be a tough one... So I sold pretty much my whole team, raised £19.25M and started rebuilding, a lot of loan deals from abroad teams meant I could bring in a decent Premier League team for only £24.5M (11 loan deals).

Started the season poorly losing my first 4 games but picked up towards Christmas. Finished in 15th. Could of had 12th, but only picked up 1 point from my last 3 games.

That season I brought in "transfer of the season" Bojinov, on a free, who I am now selling to Bristol City for £7.5M (He wanted to leave to further his career.. Right???) And Jose Antonio Reyes for £4.1M who I am now selling to Sevilla for £11M (They randomly offered!) + A lot of good loans.

Oh yeah also I was offered the Bosnia job. Obviously I accepted! I was also offered the Belgium job, but I love the Bosnians too much!
Just starting season 2011/12 - And let's just say I'm talking to players such as Reira, Diaby and Hutton! I know I'm not quite top 4 but I really feel like a big team now!

I will post screenshots soon. If you wish to see any specific screenshots then just let me know :)

Last edited:
Nice! I went Preston on FM08 and had a blast. Hope you keep it up. Selling your whole team was a bold move but it looks to have paid off. Can i see who you brought in that first season?

looks good andy, i know we dont get on so well but i will be following

Well you'll have to start getting on better due to the net game

Nice! I went Preston on FM08 and had a blast. Hope you keep it up. Selling your whole team was a bold move but it looks to have paid off. Can i see who you brought in that first season?

I didn't sign anybody first year.. I will post all my transfer activity so far though, but it will be blank :p

looks good andy, i know we dont get on so well but i will be following

I have nothing against you! We just disagree on a lot of subjective discussions. But it's only banter, everyone is entitled to share their opinion right? Doesn't mean we can't get on.

QUICK UPDATE:
Just signed Hutton, Reira, Mahamadou Diarra & Diaby!
Sold Bojinov & Reyes

And nice to hear you've done so well btw

Sorry i mean your Second Season. First in the Premiership.

how on earth did you get all the cash for those players mate, i guess they gave you a massive transfer kitty when you went up

Uploaded the transfers.

Just forgot I haven't aranged any friendlies for pre-season!! I'm already half way through July! :/

If anybody want's to see any other screenshots then just let me know.

@GaboneseTiger - Yeah they game me like £20.5M I think that was for a Mid table finish. I got about £22M for the same this year. But due to player sales it's on about £33M atm.

Last edited:
ok thats generous, bristol city gave me 8m lol

Signed well in 2010/11 i am very impressed.

Here's the league tables from the last two years.

My team is so weak with only 3 or 4 weeks until the start of the year. Desperately need a keeper, any ideas?

I have to admit, you have played this extremely well. Loving your transfer work. How much do you have to spend on a keeper??

I have to admit, you have played this extremely well. Loving your transfer work. How much do you have to spend on a keeper??

Well I have about £33M but would like to spend no more than £6M on a keeper unless he's going to be my best player..

And thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.