My regen player has come alive - apparently!

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4K

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
As you may or may not know I have been doing a story the past few months with Athletic Bilbao and am about to start my 20th season. From the first youth intake I got an amazing regen called Aitor Herrera who is still with me (just turned 34) and is the best regen I have ever had.

Anyways if you havent read the story Aitor is more popular than me almost and as a laugh I decided to type in Aitor Herrera in google to see what is out there and I found this:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...s-G5Cg&usg=AFQjCNG37XlyVOTsCNmMcT3AVMBDCugimw

I have double checked Bilbao's official website and he isnt there obviously and they havent confused him with Ander Herrera so I am not sure how I can explain it!!!

They dont have his squad number correct and are struggling to find his date of birth or anything which I can obviously provide!

By the way this is him in my game:

View attachment 254718View attachment 254719

Last edited:
It's entirely possible he is a youth at the club IRL, one not mentioned on their website due to his age, maybe under 16? That the researchers have included into the game, as a 1st year regen. That or it's just a popular name and a complete fluke. I like the former more though.

Still that's quite cool. I'm gonna twitter Wenger now and tell him about this guy! :p

Ive played as Bilbao and never had him so isnt in the game, but reading through your story and this and maybe Sky Sports have found your story? And actually believe its all happening? haha

It's entirely possible he is a youth at the club IRL, one not mentioned on their website due to his age, maybe under 16? That the researchers have included into the game, as a 1st year regen. That or it's just a popular name and a complete fluke. I like the former more though.

Still that's quite cool. I'm gonna twitter Wenger now and tell him about this guy! :p

Yeah I thought of that but searched a load of websites and team lineups etc and there is no Aitor Herrera anywhere! Well there is obviously just not playing for Bilbao lol

well that is the most international caps I have ever seen for any footballer :)

Ive played as Bilbao and never had him so isnt in the game, but reading through your story and this and maybe Sky Sports have found your story? And actually believe its all happening? haha

Haha the depth of Klippybo's story certainly adds more realism!

The only logic i can put on it, is that it sounds like a massive coincidence... An awesome one though

Haha the depth of Klippybo's story certainly adds more realism!

The only logic i can put on it, is that it sounds like a massive coincidence... An awesome one though

Either that or someone who works for Sky reads my story and is having a laugh!

holy cow, you seem to have been insanely successful with Bilbao. nice going! and he certainly seems to be one of the most incredible midfielders i've come across. do you by any chance have a screenshot of him when he was in his prime?

holy cow, you seem to have been insanely successful with Bilbao. nice going! and he certainly seems to be one of the most incredible midfielders i've come across. do you by any chance have a screenshot of him when he was in his prime?

Not one that I can post as deleted them off my laptop but if you go to my story - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/95968-basque-ing-bilbao.html - and have a browse through it you will see profile pics fairly regularly throughout my story as he was always getting player of the month or year etc

Not one that I can post as deleted them off my laptop but if you go to my story - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/95968-basque-ing-bilbao.html - and have a browse through it you will see profile pics fairly regularly throughout my story as he was always getting player of the month or year etc

oh ok thanks. the Bilbao challenge is one i've never dared to begin, so i am always in awe of people who have the patience to play it. i'll have a look at this guy.

As you may or may not know I have been doing a story the past few months with Athletic Bilbao and am about to start my 20th season. From the first youth intake I got an amazing regen called Aitor Herrera who is still with me (just turned 34) and is the best regen I have ever had.

Anyways if you havent read the story Aitor is more popular than me almost and as a laugh I decided to type in Aitor Herrera in google to see what is out there and I found this:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...s-G5Cg&usg=AFQjCNG37XlyVOTsCNmMcT3AVMBDCugimw

I have double checked Bilbao's official website and he isnt there obviously and they havent confused him with Ander Herrera so I am not sure how I can explain it!!!

They dont have his squad number correct and are struggling to find his date of birth or anything which I can obviously provide!

By the way this is him in my game:

View attachment 254718View attachment 254719

i think he might be real, because it said he has started at bilbao in july 2008, which is obviously before you started the save!!! maybe he is real but they couldn't find a picture! was he at the youth squad when you started the save?

Back