My Stoke City Journey, so far..

• Thread starter Thread starter Tomstorey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 732

Tomstorey

Reaction score
2 weeks ago i decided to be Stoke City...

I wanted to focus on the cups, and despite progressing through to the groups of the Europa League, suffered a poor start to the campaign. However, our form picked up mid-season aided along with the team finishing 1st in a tough European group. The story of the season in the league has been unpredictable; for example one week we can beat Chelsea, the next lose to Fulham.

Through blood, sweat and tears the team fought its way through to the Carling Cup Semi's and came up with the daunting task of facing mega-rich, top of the league, Manchester City. We went into the match as huge underdogs but managed our best performance of the season to take a 2-0 lead to Eastlands. Peter Crouch scoring one of his 18 goals in all competitions in the process. Unfortunately for me his season was prematurely ended by a torn groin in mid-March. The second leg was much like the first - the home side dominating. Worryingly for me it was City who dominated this one. However against the run of play Cameron Jerome fired in a 29th Minute wonder goal to give us a 3-0 lead on aggregate. In true champion style we held on to the ropes until half time and still maintained the lead. Carlos Tevez immediately got a goal back and this was quickly followed up by an amazing strike from Edin Dzeko on the 57th minute. To make things worst Robert Huth was given a second yellow card an hour into the game and another goal would of sent us to extra-time and ultimately elimination. In true Stoke City status we held on and were off to Wembley were we would face Tottenham Hotspur.

This was always going to be a game for a match winner and we found one - Jermaine Pennant. He provided three assists; one for Peter Crouch, another for Matty Etherington and a third for Ryan Shawcross - we were champions - i had delivered. After an offside winner that sent us through to the Europa League quarters FC Twente were furious. The draw gave us the hardest possible game - AS Roma. However we were not fazed and the image below of the game can do the talking....

Please be kind, give feedback and look at the print screens!!!!

Back