PlayItForward

Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently i've created a tactic which is both aesthetically pleasing and get's good results...

Here it is..

Tactic

View attachment 280170

Instructions

View attachment 280214

About the tactic...

• It's a 'Get It Forward' Tactic based up short passing and pulling players out of position
  • the Target man at the currently has the ball played to 'feet' -
  • this means the attacking based players could create runs ahead of the striker; it also offers the option of the striker the option of either passing or shooting aswell.
  • Winger's get forward and wide play set to 'Cut Inside' on both wings.
  • The tempo of the game is Maximum tempo aswell - have gone down the route of having a fast tempo but a fast tempo the ball will be played around the final third with quick passing and movement, pulling the defenders out of position and creating different angles for the attacking players.
  • I've tried to teach must of my player's the PPM - 'Plays one-two's.
  • The two DMC's have been taught to 'Get Forward Whenever Possible'
  • Two Winger's have been taught to 'Cut Inside' + 'Run's with ball through center' + 'Knock's ball past' opponent'
  • The Striker has been taught to 'Place Shots'
Change's and alterations...

With the release of FM13 Beta out now, i've been testing and experimenting the tactic on it, but it's not having the same impact as i like. Is it down to the player's roles/duties? Should i change them? It's questions that need answering and analysed. Could any of you test the tactic out and try to give me any feedback?

Mentality

For some time i've been changing the mentality of the players round but once changed the tactic is changing and not suiting it. I've changed both of the DMC to '10' ticks. This means that there's a balance between attacking and defending.
Ive left the rest of the mentality on default and will be altered if needed.

PPM's
  • I'm also considering changing the Trequartista PPM to - 'Dictate Tempo' + 'Come's deep to get the ball'
Is that a sensible option? Your suggestions?

Team Instructions

View attachment 280213

Short Passing; I've selected short passing mainly because i want a short passing quick tempo 'Give&Go' tactic.
The passing could be changed to 'Default' Unsure at the moment.. Would default offer both short and a direct style of play, and could it be seen at helping or hindering my tactic.

More Expressive; Obvious choice really, shouldnt need an explaining..

Press More; I love closing down quickly it's just something i've liked in football. In theory i see it as 'If you want it, go and get it'. Barcelona are an excellent example of a team who presses quickly once they've lost the ball. I'm not saying that's how my tactic works but winning the ball back as soon as possible results in more possesion and chances...
For those tactical genius out there by setting the 'Closing Down' option on player instructions and set it 'Whole Pitch' mean it will be pressing like the video.

The result of the instructions have been left on default, personally i don't see the need for changing them instructions however the marking may be an exception and that could change in due cause.

Set Pieces

Personally i just leave everything set everything on mixed/default, the reason been it fills the box with bodies and you hope for the best from either a decent set piece or a poor one. I believe it reflects real life football.

For the people hailed as 'Tactical Genius' out there i'd like you to give this tactic a review, seeing how you get along with it and how you could change it. This tactic could be classed as a 'Plug and Play In Trial' so for the people who don't enjoy creating their own tactics i'd also appreciate it if you could give it a go and see how you like it...

Link for download-

Max_Tempo.tac - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Any feedback/comments are fully appreciated.