Reaction score
I've set my pre-season up so that there is one day of "standard" training (which is set to fitness) for every three days of "pre-match" training (which is set to tactics only). We have two quality coaches responsible for tactical coaching, giving us four stars in tactics and a "light" workload for the coaches. We've been at it for five weeks and yet my team is still about as close to empty in tactical familiarity as it can be without being completely and fully awkward in tactics. Anyone ever have this happen before and, if so, what did you do? It has caused us some real problems in our pre-season matches (although, granted, I've been rotating the squad a lot to get all of my players with some fitness and match-level readiness before the season starts) and I'm starting to get worried about how we'll handle the season.

I've set my pre-season up so that there is one day of "standard" training (which is set to fitness) for every three days of "pre-match" training (which is set to tactics only). We have two quality coaches responsible for tactical coaching, giving us four stars in tactics and a "light" workload for the coaches. We've been at it for five weeks and yet my team is still about as close to empty in tactical familiarity as it can be without being completely and fully awkward in tactics. Anyone ever have this happen before and, if so, what did you do? It has caused us some real problems in our pre-season matches (although, granted, I've been rotating the squad a lot to get all of my players with some fitness and match-level readiness before the season starts) and I'm starting to get worried about how we'll handle the season.

The way I've handled my training for pre-season since my save I started which was six seasons ago. I had them on the default training until I had a match in pre season then do my scouts recommended preparation for the match and by a month into the season(September) they are familiar on full amount. Hope this may help you, with your trouble with it.