• Thread starter Thread starter Igneos79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7K

Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
These are my tactics.

"Attacking" is based on attack strategy and 4-2-3-1 formation and Bayern. As the fullbacks normaly overlap with this strategy, I have given support duties to inside forwards on both flanks. That also means I will be exploiting the middle, so your AMC and Striker need to be better than opponents in that position. Wings can be weaker, but quality fullbacks are a must. Since we are using a player in AMC position, it would be counter productive to use direct passing, as direct balls would bypass him, so I opted for narrow, short passing style, in the process increasing pressure on opponents, so I hassle them without worry of players getting tired.

"Control" is based on control strategy and 4-2-3-1 formation and Bayern. Here we retain possession while remaining compact. This is what should be used against teams that are hard to brake down. Retaining possession and much lower tempo will drive them mad. Both flanks will overlap, but only when it is safe to do so. The much lower tempo will help my players conserve energy whilst hassling opposition when defending. In both control and attacking tactic, we use a player in DM position, so that means not using a ridicolously high defensive line.

"Standard" is based on standard strategy and 4-5-1 formation. The goal was to create tiki taka, based on Barcelona. This was a bit more tricky to create, but in the end fairly simple. I opted for a treq as a striker, and as a rule of thumb, you really shouldn't use a creative striker unless he is being supported by at least two players running from deep often. Or, in this fm14, "going further up". The default role on wings for this is adv play role. The primary attribute for effective triangle play is decisions, so all players on the pitch must have it as a primary requirement, hence the playmaker roles and wing backs. Ball playing defender is usefull but not a requirement. Wingbacks are rarely overlaping, and since we use attacking duty for both stirker and wings, we exploit the whole pitch instead of just the middle or flanks.

"Counter" is based on counter strategy and 4-5-1 formation and Barcelona. The goal was to defend deep and exploit space behind opponents. We do not retain possession here, nor do we play short passing. We play direct, covering large spaces in short amount of time, hence the very high tempo. Objective was to achive an element of surprise. Modern Barcelona uses a inside forward and a clasic winger on the flanks, but in that case, the striker should be a poacher or an advanced forward. Messi is prolly the best poacher in the world with all required attributes on 15.This is very hard for players to get used to, so until you are fluid, do not expect immediate results. No AMC position here, as those players are normally bypassed when using a direct style.

So, what are you waiting for? Choose your flavor of football and let me know how you are doing.

And also check back here from time to time, I may have updates on my tactics.

Last edited:
Looks great!
Whats your match prep? Any OI's used? When picked a tactic, do you stick with that both home and away? ;)

cheers

Edit: Downloaded superior, the AMC role is set as SS in the screenshot but EG in the tactic?
Should it be that way?

Last edited:
Looks great!
Whats your match prep? Any OI's used? When picked a tactic, do you stick with that both home and away? ;)

cheers

Edit: Downloaded superior, the AMC role is set as SS in the screenshot but EG in the tactic?
Should it be that way?

Hi lad! I usually play in classic mode, so everything is set to assistant. And I only use one tactic, as game doesn't allow more.
Tactics are constantly "under construction"...as I have stated above, I will be changing tactics and tinkering with tactics as time allows me. Check back from time to time for new versions.

"I kept changing my options in my tactics, so the results aren't really showing the final result of my tinkering."

but pick one, and we'll be fine?

"I kept changing my options in my tactics, so the results aren't really showing the final result of my tinkering."

but pick one, and we'll be fine?

:) Hopefully, yes...I play with all of them with many clubs, so when I see an error in design, I correct it. Btw, superior and osram have been updated, I am now working on tiki taka...

Have you updated tiki taka? I tried that tactic, just like i said i would, the results are, hum, normal, nothing to be unexpected or amazing, but the % possession, i've achieved the most i've ever seen in this version of the game (using bayern, with an average of 74% possession)

Have you updated tiki taka? I tried that tactic, just like i said i would, the results are, hum, normal, nothing to be unexpected or amazing, but the % possession, i've achieved the most i've ever seen in this version of the game (using bayern, with an average of 74% possession)

Hi lad. Yes, I noticed that too and just updated it. Should be better results now, with slightly less possession...

Back