My Villareal team story...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam2012
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

Sam2012

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just started a game with Villareal in Spanish La Liga.. it's my first ever attempt to write a football story i might not be too good but i'll do my best to keep it interesting.. Any suggestions to improve this thread are always welcome...

I'll be of course posting some screenshots as well later on...

Right then... So, to start with the board gave me about 4.6 million for top half finish.. So far 1.2 million of it was spent on a young Mexican player Carlos Fierro who is a great talent.. hasn't joined my team yet, will do so in july, 2012..

The squad is okay, we've got some quality players like Guiseppe Rossi, Nilmar, Borjia Valero and a few others... need at least 2 quality defenders though.. but not much funds at the moment.. At least i've got a decent goalkeeper Diego Lopez, thank God for that!

My first game was against Rubin Kazan for Champions League group qualification.. Did well in the first leg coming back from 2 goals behind to make 3:3... The second leg was at Villareal and we destroyed them with a score of 5:0... First hat-trick for Guiseppe Rossi.. What a player by the way!! (H)

But my first league game against Barcelona wasn't so good as we got spectacularly beaten by Messi & co with a score of 1:4.. My defenders couldn't stop Messi from scoring 2 sensational goals... ah well, better luck next time..

The next few results were quite outstanding as well as surprising.. Beat Sevilla 1:0 at their own stadium.. and for my 1st champions league game I had Arsenal coming to Villareal and we beat them 3:1!! a famous victory for the club and a personally satisfying victory for me!

In the Champions League we got into what you call a "Group of Death" which consists of Arsenal, Leverkusen, Napoli and us Villareal.. But we've done surprisingly well to beat Leverkusen 1:0 in Germany at the last second of the game.. A screamer shot from Nilmar did the job.. :) and 2:2 draw with Napoli later... in the second place so far in the group...

well, this is what i've got so far.. surely will provide screenshots and more updates later..

Again, I hope i'm not too boring... 8-|

Last edited:
Interesting team choice there mate hope you do well, Im about to start posting my first football story with Newcastle so i hope that goes well.

Looking forward to seeing how yours goes mate, keep the posts coming and good luck!

SammyJH94 can't wait for your story to go up i like ones with teams in the prem good luck

Interesting team choice there mate hope you do well, Im about to start posting my first football story with Newcastle so i hope that goes well.

Looking forward to seeing how yours goes mate, keep the posts coming and good luck!

cheers, mate.. I chose Villareal as i've always liked this team even though I'm a Chelsea fan.. plus one thing is that I hate how many games you have to play when you're in the Premier League.. Mickey Mouse League Cup just irritates me... too many games to go through plus wouldn't want to manage any other team than Chelsea...

I like building a team from League 2 or Blue Square Premiership though to promote them through championships.. my best result with that so far was with Huddersfield Town.. got into Premier League from League 1 in 4 seasons even though no one gave a chance at the start of the season..

again, thanks for your input, mate... appreciate it..

Last edited:
is there a way i can "follow" this thread? id like to see how you get but obviously i wont know when you post new threads up unless i can follow it or something, keen to see how you get on

Right then, we'll continue where i left off..

Below is the screenshot of my tactic..

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

As you can see i'm using 4-3-3 formation.. I like this formation as i like my players pass the ball around as much as they can and most of my goals are product of a passing play rather than having wingers to cross the ball for the striker to head it in.. i find that kind of football quite boring..

So in my team instructions screenshots as you can below i set it so that players play with short passes, try to dominate and keep possession and push up the opposition as much they can...

Plus it's a very attacking tactic and a bit aggressive towards the opposition but i found this one works well for me.. The board and the fans are praising the team and me for playing entertaining football so must be doing the right thing after all.

The league table doesn't look that bad either.. We're in the 4th place at the moment.. even though my season expectation is a mid table finish.. :)

Yesterday in the game against Espanyol I lost my backup striker Hernan Perez to injury for 6 months.. : ( tried searching for a decent striker and ended up buying Pavel Pogrebnyak from Shalke for 775k... his stats were okay but also in real life he signed for Fulham this year january did quite ok for them.. so i thought i'll give him a try.. waiting for him to join in the january transfer window, i hope he can score some goals for us...

Qualified for the First knockout Round of Champions League from "the group of death".. Have beaten the likes of Napoli and Leverkusen which are much stronger teams than Villareal.. good times for the club.. :)

Bad news about your backup forward there mate, looking forward to seeing how you do in the Champions Leauge! liking it so far!

Maaaan, has it been only 2 days since i posted here?! :) Well, you guys can say i have no life but i've already finished my 2nd season with Villareal just this morning.. didn't have much to do in the weekend.. awful weather in the UK so all added up to a weekend of non-stop Football manager game... (H) i guess this is what you call dedication! ))) Shall i be getting "a nerd of the week award"?! 8-|

Well, let me talk you guys through the first season where i left off.. So, after my backup striker Hernan Perez got injured ended up getting Pogrebnyak just for 775k and he ended up being one of the best bargain signings i've ever made! ) Goals, assists, man of the match awards.. you guys name it.. Can't remember the exact stats so will be providing a screenshot later when i get home...

The first season was quite eventful, we challenged for the 4th spot all season until May time when injuries and bad away form finally got to my small team.. and we ended up finishing 6th, thus qualifying for Euro Cup... Still the board was very happy with me and gave me about 15 million for the 2nd season..

My player of the season was Guiseppe Rossi.. I will definitely provide a screenshot of him as well, he kept scoring goals all season non-stop.. i've said this before and i'll say it again.. WHAT A PLAYER!! ) all the big teams kept coming for him at the end of season, bidding 17.5 million.. lol.. they wish! Offered him a new contract and increased his release clause to 1 billion pounds...
(6) lol..

So, finished 6th in the league, got to the first knockout round of the Champions League, but was eliminated on the 5th Round of the Spanish Cup.. a bit of disappointment there as the board expected to get into Semi-Final at least...

this is it so far for my 1st season, will be posting about my 2nd season a bit later.. Thanks for reading..

regards,

-Sam...

Back