Nantwich to Nauru-A true underdog story

Reaction score
"Deano Deano cover him cover him" our preparations were well under way for our upcoming tour of the pacific islands, we were set to catch a flight next week and set off on our tour of the Pacific something which had never done by a fully fledged professional or semi professional team in the British isles. Morale was high within the squad and they were all looking forward to a trip of a lifetime. It was at this point when I began to remember about the day when I was told we had won the competition being run by the F.A and the Oceanic Football Confederation for a team to go over to the Pacific Islands and play representative squads from various pacific nations, that our chairman Malcolm Bennett came over and said "Slight change of plan gaffer we have had to cancel the game against Tuvalu" Why I asked slightly annoyed as I felt the Tuvalu game was winnable as they were one of the 3non-fifa registered teams we were meant to be visiting "Court case with Fifa that clueless t**t of a man Mr.Blatter has reconsidered there proposal to be part of Fifa". Oh well I responded so that leaves us with Kiribati,Niue and American Samoa then "yup" replied Malc as he was affectionately known "Oh and one other thing we are making a 3 day stop in Nauru due to the cancellation of the Tuvalu game" Nauru I though to myself sounds like an interesting place

And that is where the real story begins

Back