Napoli are just so stupid!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom_7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2K

Tom_7

Reaction score
Hi, On my inter milan season something stupid happened. AC Milan bought a co-ownership with Napoli for Marek Hamsik. This deal was at £5M. Hamsik stayed at Napoli for the rest of that season. In the Summer, Napoli bought the half of Hamsik that AC Milan owned for a massive £32M. This was strange as it was up to AC Milan to find the rest of the money to buy the other half of Hamsik or he would stay at Napoli anyway:D What are your thoughts on this strange deal?

why did napoli even accept a 5 million co ownership deal?

thats very strange, was never a huge fan of co ownerships anyway!

The same thing happened in my game but with Alexis Sanchez. He was co-owned by Udinese and Ac Millian I think and at the end of 2nd season the paid 25 million for him..
and his only wortg 6.5!

Co-Ownerships are good ways to sign players if you are a club lower down in the league. For Example, when I was in charge of Parma, I managed to get Santon, Albin Ekdal and a couple of others on C/O deals. Or if you are a top side and want to sign a player, but don't want him for another season or two(ie any of the under 21 players that are hotly tipped such as Laurito). This means after the season or two, depending on the progress of said player you can buy him for undoubtedly less than any other club can buy him for.

Co-Ownerships are just another way to keep players in Italy.
I agree, but thats a good thing, keeping players in their home country(I know foreigners are there aswell), rather than them being headhunted at 17, 18, 19 and 20.

is italy the only league in the world that does co-ownerships jw?

can't really say anythin bad bout them cos i got paloschi for milan, he was already in a co-own so i bought parmas half for 300 grand so i could own him outright n he was an absoloute demon!

can't really say anythin bad bout them cos i got paloschi for milan, he was already in a co-own so i bought parmas half for 300 grand so i could own him outright n he was an absoloute demon!

Yeh, sometimes co-ownerships can work well and be a great way of business, but sometimes they can go all wrong

Well they are the only country that openly go around co-owning players.. I don't think other countries can see the point? And I agree. But I'm about 99% sure Spanish clubs can co-own players (I'm talking about real life, not FM).

Well not as bad as my game. AC Milan bought Hamsik off me as co ownership paid 18m plus 35 mil future fee so he stays with me for 2 years. Then the transfer windows closes and I decide to bid for Hamisk so I bid 10 mill and AC accept :S and I buy his other 50%. Weird as I now have an extra 8 mil in the bank.

i swear if the co ownership deal comes to the end of its term (i.e. 2 years) both clubs have to bid and the club with the highest bid gets the player. that means the 32 million napoli bid for him never went to milan. i think. though these co ownerships a ****** confusing!

Back