danghovu

Reaction score
Are there any wrong with this tactic ??
NapoliTeamSelection_Overview.png

Can any one help me tweak it? My team cant control match ,athough they play against lower team

From my first impression you have very defensive duties happening on the right (b.w.m - Anchor - Defender) and highly attacking duties on the left. This is just disjointed. It might seem logical to have the defensive players on the right as 'support' but when you attack you only have one outlet (via the left), you should be the dominant team in 75% of your games so you need to think attack more than defense.

I can't see your instructions but I play a very similar formation.
View attachment 248316

For you I'd suggest moving your BWM to the far left of your 3 CMs (zonal) your DLP in the centre and your AP to the right with his wide-play as hug touchline, maybe even consider pushing him to the AM position on the pitch, this will balance the formation a bit. I'd also move your Anchor to the middle of the pitch. I know this is basically a standard 4-5-1 formation with the right winger tucked in, but sometimes you just have to conceed defeat if it's not working and turn down the 'funky' formations a bit.

Right now you are filling the left side with players so the opposition are feeding out to your right and they have a clear pitch as your RB is playing as a FB, so essentially they can bring their LB and LM to your lone RB. Look at the match analysis and see where they make the most runs. To counter this, the AP and your right sided defender should be set to hug-touchline, this will pull them to covering your RB. I'd also under team tactics tell your squad to play up left flank as you've the most options there, BUT train a few of them to switch ball to opposite flank, this is what my LB and LM do in the above formation, it reaches Victor and he's in masses of space to cross the ball. At first he'd run it in to the box and shoot, but he missed 90% of his chances, so I trained him to pass rather than attempt to score and now it's rare he doesn't get an assist in a game. This all took time, so don't expect a quick fix, and once you've built a formation stick with it, start training your players to suit the formation, (like my LB and LM switching play). Then when you lose players to age or transfers change it to suit what you have left.

The main reason my tactic is working is because of the RWB being insanely special, with a CA at 182 and PA of 197 @ 21 yrs old, with 19 pace and tackling at 17 he is gold dust, when he's injured the LM moves to AMR, because no other player in my game can do what he does, if I try it they get crushed, despite the switching of play, but when he is fit it is devastating.

Last edited: