ampersander

Reaction score
Hi! Never shared a tactic before but I've used one that seems promising. As I play with Arsenal I don't know how it will fair with other teams especially in lower leagues.

Ampersander Diamond

Formation:
View attachment 79826

I fiddled with DLP but REG just seems to give more stability and gave more going forward. AF scores buckets for me (using Lacazette, has over a goal a game so far) and CF threatens too. Still testing different roles for the AP in midfield.

Team instructions:
View attachment 79825

OI: Assistant

Training: Cohesion/match tactics till season begins. After that I realised that in FM 18 you have to micromanage your training just that little bit more to keep your players risk free of injury. I switch between low/avg intensity depending on if there's a midweek game on and rotate quite freely. Just like in RL Arsenal, I almost use an entirely different 11 for the Europa League and Cups. I switch between attacking movement against lower sides and match tactics for better sides in training. Not sure yet what's best to be honest

I started using this tactic after the 2nd game in pre-season. As you'll see from results further down below, the draw against utd was the only blip so far and it was fairly even. Also important to note that I played up until the Bournemouth game without a loss (4-1, 2-0, 4-0, 3-0) but my game crashed and I'm an idiot and forgot to save.
View attachment 79824

I hope it works well for you! (also I am assuming all these are subject to change every time the game patches...!)

LINK: Ampersander Diamond

My only signings were to buy Goretzka (I overpaid I think...inflation is real in fm18) and Keiren Teirney. Sold Coquelin and a couple youngsters.

Last edited:
Played 5 with Brighton won 3, lost 2, the losses were again Man Utd and Chelsea both away and by a single goal, so far so good.

Played 5 with Brighton won 3, lost 2, the losses were again Man Utd and Chelsea both away and by a single goal, so far so good.

Thanks for giving it a go. Let me know how it holds up. I'm hoping to get another 5-10 matches done very soon and report back.

Just an update, I've tweaked the player/team instructions a little and it seems to be working.

Even in games where I feel like we're playing badly we have won. Might be lucky but results for me are promising.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6i7z1zi899cjyy9/Ampersander Diamond.tac <--- link

View attachment 1131712
View attachment 1131713

I’ll give this a go when I get back tonight. I’ve been using your original upload with decent success with Genoa, sitting in 5th in December.

Had as some really tight games with the top teams, also beat Juve 3-2.

I’ll give this a go when I get back tonight. I’ve been using your original upload with decent success with Genoa, sitting in 5th in December.

Had as some really tight games with the top teams, also beat Juve 3-2.

Cheers.

I've found it sometimes helps to put the AP on support if it's a close game you feel like you may be losing. Switching to counter worked for me once as well (against Tottenham, down 1-0 finished 2-1, 1st goal was counter, 2nd goal back on control but scored on a counter attack)