• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 702

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson claims that Samir Nasri has agreed to leave Arsenal - but that the French midfielder will probably not join Manchester United.

More...

Still reckon we should "break the bank" in trying to lure him to Old Trafford otherwise we won't sign any midfielders this summer in my opinion.

Still reckon we should "break the bank" in trying to lure him to Old Trafford otherwise we won't sign any midfielders this summer in my opinion.

Really don't think it's as necessary as people seem to think.

Nasri is more effective out wide anyway, so if we signed him - Nani would almost definitely leave. I see Anderson having a massive role this season and if he flops this year he'll get sold next summer and we'll sign someone for mega bucks.

Nasri is more effective out wide anyway, so if we signed him - Nani would almost definitely leave. I see Anderson having a massive role this season and if he flops this year he'll get sold next summer and we'll sign someone for mega bucks.

He wont wait till next season for several reasons, biggest one being FFPR. Work is still in progress re: Sneijder. Think fans need to be far more patient

I disagree, If brought in then I think Fergie would play Samir in a more central role after all, we have just signed Ashley Young and already have Nani and Valencia in the squad as are wide men. Although Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson with Giggs and Park being able to fill in looks a strong midfield, a couple of injuries to those players and we would look very light in this area again. I hope I'm wrong, I hope Fergie does bring in either Samir or Wesley (who would be a great choice but I generally believe is too much evem for us to break the bank on) and even Luka Modric although he looks set on moving to Chelsea.

Mike, tbh we're not really in much issue with the FFP. Debt is being paid off sufficiently and we still have one of the best revenue incomes in the world. We've got enough money in the bank to hold on until next season if necessary..

I can see Anderson trying to cement his first team place, with Giggs playing CM every now and then as Scholes did last year with Park, Valencia, Nani and Young as our wingers.

Giggs coming in every now and then, with Anderson being the main man in midfield. If he doesn't live up to the position and can't do it, then I can see us selling him next summer and bringing in Modric (if he stays at Spurs this year) or someone else (Ganso, Sneijder, Pastore, Hamsik :wub:) and doing this all over again.

Giggs is almost certain to retire after next season, so Young is in as his replacement and Giggs moving central to replace Scholes short term like he did at the end of last season.

Nasri won't really add much to the side as he's naturally a wide player and other than his half a good season, has done near nothing for Arsenal since he's been there.

Mike, tbh we're not really in much issue with the FFP. Debt is being paid off sufficiently and we still have one of the best revenue incomes in the world. We've got enough money in the bank to hold on until next season if necessary..

I can see Anderson trying to cement his first team place, with Giggs playing CM every now and then as Scholes did last year with Park, Valencia, Nani and Young as our wingers.

Giggs coming in every now and then, with Anderson being the main man in midfield. If he doesn't live up to the position and can't do it, then I can see us selling him next summer and bringing in Modric (if he stays at Spurs this year) or someone else (Ganso, Sneijder, Pastore, Hamsik :wub:) and doing this all over again.

Giggs is almost certain to retire after next season, so Young is in as his replacement and Giggs moving central to replace Scholes short term like he did at the end of last season.

Nasri won't really add much to the side as he's naturally a wide player and other than his half a good season, has done near nothing for Arsenal since he's been there.

Actually we very much are about when it comes to signing players and wages, they need to amortised over the period, and we like having our wage budget less than 50% of our turnover. This is the reason the big spend is happening now, not last season, and not next season.

And SAF has gone on record on wanting a first class creative player at least half a dozen times. Someone like that is a priority before promting anyone. Otherwise we still wouldnt be talking to Sneijder, who our first team coach is desperate to bring in, and the Interviews with Scholes and Neville shows its fairly widespread through the club they want him

I'm more than happy with the squad and have said before that this will be Anderson's big season. I'd rather we left Nasri, Modric was the player I wanted, or even Schweinsteiger (although he is a much more unrealistic target). Sneijder would obviously be a good signing, but I worry that he would want to operate in a more advanced role and possibly get in Rooney's space. It would be great if the two could create a more flexible and fluid formation though, with Rooney dropping deeper and switching positions with Sneijder.

Everyone is waiting for a big name signing though, and I'm not sure it will happen. I'd be happy to sign someone like Vidal or Banega, although I'm just as happy to go into the season with who we've got.

I'm more than happy with the squad and have said before that this will be Anderson's big season. I'd rather we left Nasri, Modric was the player I wanted, or even Schweinsteiger (although he is a much more unrealistic target). Sneijder would obviously be a good signing, but I worry that he would want to operate in a more advanced role and possibly get in Rooney's space. It would be great if the two could create a more flexible and fluid formation though, with Rooney dropping deeper and switching positions with Sneijder.

Everyone is waiting for a big name signing though, and I'm not sure it will happen. I'd be happy to sign someone like Vidal or Banega, although I'm just as happy to go into the season with who we've got.

Sneijder will play deeper, whether he is here or at Inter (Gasperini is changing formation) Wouldnt mind Vidal. Would much prefer Sneijder, allow us to return to the kind of devastating fluidity we had 2006-2009

Im not about the big name, just a player who can bring that extra quality, and remember SAF's new target is Barca for the next three years, that tells you the kind of quality he wants in and from our squad

So according to SAF, Nasri is either staying or agreed terms with other team. Even he said Arsenal directors wont be pleased if he leaves on free next season. And also SAF talked about replacing Scholes and went on to saying in next few weeks we may sign a new midfieder of promote someone from youth team.. Maybe Cleverley..

And also some United journo said ManUtd youth team were looking good and Pogba and Morrison were very happy it seems. Maybe coz this might be Morrison's break through season.. Exciting times ahead.. Yesterday he scored too..

Manu already have ashley young, nani, park, valencia, and giggs, and i think cleverly ( idk his postion ;) ), why do u need another winger. ????

Back