Nation Youth Rating

Sportsviking

Reaction score
Currently managing Aalesunds FK in Norway; planning to make them into a top side that will eventually produce players for the national team. However I'm concerned about Norway's relatively low youth rating (82 out of 200 according to the editor). Videoton10 posted earlier today about his struggles in generating Hungarian players despite having max youth recruitment (he couldn't generate newgens w/ anything over 150 PA). Hungary has a youth rating of 68 so I'm hopeful that the players I generate could have good enough potential. That being said, I have a two questions:

1) Is it possible for Norway (or any nation with a lower-ish youth rating) to generate a world class player? Obviously nations like Brazil and Argentina are going to churn out world-class youngsters year after year, but can Norway get lucky and get a once in a generation talent? Or does the youth rating act as an absolute cap on PA meaning a nation can never get lucky and generate one amazing player?

2) Can this rating change in-game? (i.e., Norway wins the World Cup so their youth rating rises because obviously they have progressed as a footballing country.)

Anything you guys can come up with would be appreciated! I know I could just download FMRTE and change this in-game, but I would really like to play this save without "cheating" and I am really interested in how the nation youth rating works.

That being said, I think it would be fair to assume that based on good performances by the national team you could justify altering the youth rating to accurately reflect the country football standing.

Cheers!

i don't know whether it changes in game but if you check the san marino challenge thread then you'll see that choices has managed to win the world cup with san marino. although this could be linked to the club being in italy's leagues.

Yeah I was thinking about the San Marino challenge and how successful people have been with it. The "being in Italy" argument makes sense because you generate a lot of players with dual nationality (Italian and Sammarinese). But on Kannderson's San Marino Dave he managed to generate some great prospects that were pure Sammarinese which is impressive considering their nation youth rating is 29. This also brings up an interesting point about dual nationality and what the rating is based off of when a player is eligible for two different nations. I would think it's reliant on what nation the player was born in.

Yeah I was thinking about the San Marino challenge and how successful people have been with it. The "being in Italy" argument makes sense because you generate a lot of players with dual nationality (Italian and Sammarinese). But on Kannderson's San Marino Dave he managed to generate some great prospects that were pure Sammarinese which is impressive considering their nation youth rating is 29. This also brings up an interesting point about dual nationality and what the rating is based off of when a player is eligible for two different nations. I would think it's reliant on what nation the player was born in.

this is what i originally thought but then i started to wonder whether that only effected clubs that play in that nation. a good way to test would be to see if when you max san marino calcio, and italian club and a club from the san marinese league, which one fo teh latter 2 san marino calcio produces regens of a similar quality to.

this is what i originally thought but then i started to wonder whether that only effected clubs that play in that nation. a good way to test would be to see if when you max san marino calcio, and italian club and a club from the san marinese league, which one fo teh latter 2 san marino calcio produces regens of a similar quality to.

Would be a very interesting test to run, I might do some test saves with a Sammarinese league downloaded.

if you check the editing section the thread for the one i created should be on the first page and you could edit the teams on that and do a regen quality test.

Hey Viking, where in editor can you see the nations Youth rating pal?? I cant find it...

It depends on the junior coaching quality of the clubs (not just one club) in the country. To prove it, try setting the junior coaching of all the clubs in a particular country to 20 in the editor, save it, start a new game with that editor and you will find great regens coming in.

It depends on the junior coaching quality of the clubs (not just one club) in the country. To prove it, try setting the junior coaching of all the clubs in a particular country to 20 in the editor, save it, start a new game with that editor and you will find great regens coming in.
I know that, but in editor there is a stat which declares the amount of chance to produce a good regen every year and I cant find it.

I know that, but in editor there is a stat which declares the amount of chance to produce a good regen every year and I cant find it.

It's not hard to find. Type in a nation, click edit > information then between FA Patience & Attribute Templates you'll see Youth Rating.

Back