National Jobs??

Reaction score
Has anybody started as a club manager, and been able to get a good international job? I'm Celtic, and i've won 5 SPL, 4 Scottish Cups, 2 Scottish League Cups, and 1 Champions League. Yet the only international jobs I've had were Saudi Arabia, who I got into the last 16 of the world cup, and Ghana, who i won an Africans CoN with. Every time i go for a good international job, interest gets laughed off, even Scotland employ less known and less successful coaches over me. Has anybody else struggled to get a good international job??

I got laughed off by England but was offered the Brazil and Dutch jobs :/

(I eventually rejected both anyway and went for the Scotland job! ;) )

I've won 4 league titles and a number of domestic cups with Tottenham and I applied for the england job and got laughed off only for them to give the job to Pardew

Alright then....

After the club success i've had in my save i'm hardly just anyone. Especially in Scottish football.

could be league reputation..spl aint a big leauge to be honest,,but i dno really i aint got opportunity to manage a international team yet

I'm in my third season when england and brazil job was available... I picked england though, a weeks later Brazil come to offer me the job...
In my other save, Italy had come and offered me the job also... I think the key is to apply all the job.. because if you know that a really good manager such as us (read: all FM players) also interested in your rival vacancy, I think they would prioritize you more as they didn't want to have a talented manager on the opponent side...

I am managing liverpool, have Brazil and Indonesian nationality btw....

I do agree that international jobs are harder to get on this version of fm but there is a simple logic to it. The problem is likely to be that your over-qualified for the international job you have applied for and that they relevant FA do not consider you a 'realistic' target. The best example here is on FootballManagerGod's save whereby it would be unlikely that the Scottish FA would consider someone who has won the champions league for their vacancy. You got to remember the reputation's of these national teams against the reputation and success of the manager in question.

I've played 5 seasons as Crewe and am just about promoted in to the Premierleague. Am a semi pro footballer and recently applied for and got the Ukraine job. They're a top 20 team in the world so not a bad foot in the door.

Just something I found interesting.

I started a brand new game with International Footballer reputation, but un-employed. The only International job available at the start of the game was Curacao, which I applied for straightaway. Three times out of three re-loads, a different manager was given the job who was nationalised, and I never got the job. The being over-qualified thing surely can't be an issue this time seeing as I actually applied for the job. I tried again and even put my manager's second nationality as Curacao, and saw I now had 25 caps playing for them. But STILL got beaten to the job by some obscure manager.

I know I can get the Curacao job by choosing it at the beginning and having all possible Curacao players loaded into the database, but I wanted to test it this way and found it mindboggling how I couldn't get the job no matter what I tried.

after winning the quad with Man utd and the domesctic double i was offered the italy job..so i think it just takes winning things to get one

I've played 5 seasons as Crewe and am just about promoted in to the Premierleague. Am a semi pro footballer and recently applied for and got the Ukraine job. They're a top 20 team in the world so not a bad foot in the door.

shakhtars youth system>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After 10 seasons into my current save i finally got the England job ! had always got laughed at in previous saves, even after winning a champions league. First time i have put my nationality as English also started unemployed with sunday league rep. Had taken Chile to 3rd place in 2018 world cup. England job became available after Brendan Rogers failed to qualify for 2022 .

Back