Nationalistic Managing

• Thread starter Thread starter iArsenal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 953

iArsenal

Reaction score
Ok so I am managing Southampton and I am in the third season. I finished 7th in the EPL last season in my debut season and at the start of my career I wanted to try and have as many British players as I could. I haven't followed through with this and I believe currently only 3 of my starting 11 are British (English to be specific). I am thinking I should try it out but i'm not sure if my squad will be able to compete in the EPL with those changes. Should I just wait until like 4 or 5 seasons down the road and try and poach the good British regens or what? Also how do you guys suggest going about getting those regens? I know Britain doesn't always produce great regens but I will see what I can find.

well, I'm trying to do something similar in my Arsenal save- its a pretty Long-term view u have to take on this one, as British talent is not as common as Brazilian/German etc. I have a world class team of mostly foreigners, and will slowly phase them out, one by one, for exciting young English talent (my aim is to have over half the team English;why? because it's a fun challenge)

What I'm doing is really aggressively scouting the England U18 leagues and teams; and the moment I find a youngster with 3.5 star potential (or 3 star potential if they're cheap or a "model professional"), I snap him up before his price goes up.

It's vital that u get the players ASAP after they are recruited by their original club, as English talent can absolutely rocket up- there's a really exciting 17 year old CM in the U18 Southampton team with the potential to be as good as Hamsik in my current save, but his asking price is £25 million already! (if i had got him about a month after he was first "created" in the game/recruited by Southampton, I could probably have got him for about £4 million!).

Yeh, so that's what I would do, buy them young and develop them; English talent is WAY too expensive to be buying ready-made Englishmen, even for a big club like Arsenal.

-Assign a scout full time to the U18 English league
-On the day when ur club recruits new regens, thats when every other English club recruits theirs. THIS DAY IS VITAL!! Go to as many clubs as you can be bothered (excluding those like Man Utd etc where players won't leave...), and look at as many players as you can be bothered to
-on this day, send as many scouts as you can around England; you need to find that talent as soon as you can, before their price rockets up
-invest in your youth setup and coaches
-It's a long term project; expect it to take years for you to find enough talent, succesfully nurture that talent, and then phase out your foreign-stars with those players

Search the challenges section for patriot challenge, sounds like what you're looking for. You'll also find a shortlist for the lesser known promising English youngsters too.

Back