Need a ball playing defender

• Thread starter Thread starter mccollio09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3K

mccollio09

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in need of a ball playing defender, ideally a left footed one, I've got Vertonghen (sp?) and he is doing a great job but I need cover. I can only think of Agger and Danny wilson, any others?

Money is not a problem, neither should reputation be.

Toby Alderweireld is very good, dunno if he's left footed though. Madjid Bougherra is my favourite BPD though Heitinga isn't too bad either, not to mention Cahill or Rodwell if you can get them.

Last edited:
Terna Suswam - Lobi Stars
Christian Ramos - Allianza
Funso Ojo - PSV

You might not get a work permit for the first two but they are worth a try :)

Vermaelen and pique are definitely the best, but alderweireld for the future.

wilson will do the right job for you mate ...
got him on FM 2010, and played really well at that position ...

Toby Alderweireld is very good, dunno if he's left footed though. Madjid Bougherra is my favourite BPD though Heitinga isn't too bad either, not to mention Cahill or Rodwell if you can get them.

Alderweireld is right footed as far as i know, is Bassong any good as a ball playing defender?

Marouane fellainI retrained as cb is a beast!! Ball playing stopper... If you look for a ball playing cover or cb then vermaelen is good...

I get on well with Philippe Mexes from Roma, plays well as a ball playing CB plus if you play corners to the far post and get him attacking the far post he scores 20 odd goals most seasons.

Back