Need a load of new players!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tr1gg0R
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

Tr1gg0R

Reaction score
Hi there,I've just managed to get Bristol Rovers promoted from League 1 to the Championship in the first season, the 2011-2012 season is now about to start and I know my team will not be strong enough for the Championship.I've got no money to spend and about £70k wage budget (almost all used up but I may be able to get rid of a couple more of last years squad).So far I've signed Bolo Zenden, Eidur Gudjohnson and Sol Campbell on free's, as well as taking a couple of youngsters from Man U and chelsea on loan (a left back and a centre back I think) also signed a young CM from abroad.I'm playing Gudjohnson as AMC (my formation is 4-2-3-1), but I'd also like to sign an anchor-man so I can change formation to 4-1-2-2-1 if I want to play defensively, I'd like a big strong anchor-man but my squad is already quite old so would prefer someone in their 20's (free) any ideas?Also if anyone knows any good youngsters who would sign for a championship team for very low wages (i.e. £55 a week) can you let me know?Thanks in anticipation

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Editor playing up - my post should read as follows:Hi there,I've just managed to get Bristol Rovers promoted from League 1 to the Championship in the first season, the 2011-2012 season is now about to start and I know my team will not be strong enough for the Championship.I've got no money to spend and about £70k wage budget (almost all used up but I may be able to get rid of a couple more of last years squad).So far I've signed Bolo Zenden, Eidur Gudjohnson and Sol Campbell on free's, as well as taking a couple of youngsters from Man U and chelsea on loan (a left back and a centre back I think) also signed a young CM from abroad. Bought Peter Gulacsi from liverpool as well.I'm playing Gudjohnson as AMC (my formation is 4-2-3-1), but I'd also like to sign an anchor-man so I can change formation to 4-1-2-2-1 if I want to play defensively, I'd like a big strong anchor-man but my squad is already quite old so would prefer someone in their 20's (free) any ideas?Also if anyone knows any good youngsters who would sign for a championship team for very low wages (i.e. £55 a week) can you let me know? I'd like 4 or 5 as good back-up players. across midfield or defence.Thanks in anticipation

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

weird, not sure why it's posting in that format, apologies!

Hi Raikan,Those lists are great but I was hoping someone could comment who has been in the same posistion as me, who did you sign and did they do well?I guess the majority of your recommended players wouldnt come to a championship team and certainly wouldn't be free?I'm specifically craving a DM who can play really well as an anchor-man in the championship.Sorry if you think I'm being lazy, but just thought someone might have made these signings before and would like to share their experiences!

Hi Raikan,Those lists are great but I was hoping someone could comment who has been in the same posistion as me, who did you sign and did they do well?I guess the majority of your recommended players wouldnt come to a championship team and certainly wouldn't be free?I'm specifically craving a DM who can play really well as an anchor-man in the championship.Sorry if you think I'm being lazy, but just thought someone might have made these signings before and would like to share their experiences!
In my leicester game I had Adam Vass playing as a DMC cost me 900k in the first season.Hitzlperger(sp) was free in the first season and played well for me too.HInkel is another player I got for free in my first season.Check to see if Enyeama is on a free tho he prob wont join but just check anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Had Macheda and Welbeck on loan and they raped the league.Also signed Rhodes from Huddersfield who played well bagging a goal here and there when it mattered.

I Got Salvatore Bruno on a free and He ripped up the the league. Dean Gerken is a great keeper. he should also be available on a free.

Back