England66

Reaction score
Looking for a reliable and possible captain for United at CB. Going to sell Vidic in the summer of the first season (Due to temperament, not playing reasons.) as such need a CB to replace him who can fill that role. Obviously I know I have 3 good CB replacements in Jones, Smalling and Evans. However due to Ferdinand's age and Vidic leaving I feel I need a good CB who can come in and take charge. Suggestions?

What is your budget and are you looking for someone who can come straight in and lead the team or someone for the future to lead the team ??

20-30m and preferably someone who can come in straight away and do the job.

Kompany wouldn't be available due to city not selling to me unless ridic price, but will have a look at the other two. Cheers.

He is definitely not the best choice but i prefer British players so i bought Ryan Shawcross and he actually played pretty good for me (he costs between 16,25M and 24M, depends on is he unhappy or not

He is definitely not the best choice but i prefer British players so i bought Ryan Shawcross and he actually played pretty good for me (he costs between 16,25M and 24M, depends on is he unhappy or not

Thanks thats really good one, as do I british is always better ;)

Phil Jones is the man hes the future Man United and even maybe England captain!! look at K.papadopolous(Schalke) also filter the search on vidic see if any good players come up

Yeah Shawcross a good player but i would NEVER pay £15M for him let alone upto £24M you could get players 3X better then him for that price.

Phil Jones is the man hes the future Man United and even maybe England captain!! look at K.papadopolous(Schalke) also filter the search on vidic see if any good players come up

I agree but he wont dominate like vidic does for a few years yet.

Yeah Shawcross a good player but i would NEVER pay £15M for him let alone upto £24M you could get players 3X better then him for that price.

prices were in euros so it is little less, then tell me some other better british centre back for that price

prices were in euros so it is little less, then tell me some other better british centre back for that price

i didnt say british i was said "you could get players 3X better then him for that price", you can get better players for that price and really i dont think he needs to spend too much actually as he already has Smalling a great english centre back and Phil Jones another one so he could just bring in a player like Caulker prob get him on cheap and he is class and English so i was just saying there are better players out there not necessary British players also players like Papadopoulos at Schalke has a release clause of £15M and is better then Shawcross so that was what i was trying to say.

Varane
Zouma
Strandberg

Strandberg sounds like a regen. Not sure if he really excists. Furthermore this guy knows what he is talking about. Those two are amazing. I would add Sakho to that list aswell. Those three are monsters (tho Varane needs STR training and Zouma POS). Lastly you could look at Inigo Martinez. He's great if you get him early and mold him like you want him to be.

Strandberg sounds like a regen. Not sure if he really excists. Furthermore this guy knows what he is talking about. Those two are amazing. I would add Sakho to that list aswell. Those three are monsters (tho Varane needs STR training and Zouma POS). Lastly you could look at Inigo Martinez. He's great if you get him early and mold him like you want him to be.

Strandberg does exist, he plays for Rosenborg, but i think you need the Norway leagues loaded. But I'd definitely say Varane! Has the potential to be one of the best centre backs in the world, and he is young so got years to develop.

Strandberg does exist, he plays for Rosenborg, but i think you need the Norway leagues loaded. But I'd definitely say Varane! Has the potential to be one of the best centre backs in the world, and he is young so got years to develop.
Hehe you must be Norwegian then. Who else would ever load that league without some heavy drinking x)
Was searching the whole game for that guy x.X
But hey.. atleast we agree on Varane. tho he does need some strength training. Atleast.... I like manly defenders.

Hehe you must be Norwegian then. Who else would ever load that league without some heavy drinking x)
Was searching the whole game for that guy x.X
But hey.. atleast we agree on Varane. tho he does need some strength training. Atleast.... I like manly defenders.

I'm English ;) i just know a lot of people talk about him on this game because you can get him really cheap and has some solid stats at the start of the game. How good he becomes is a different story as i have no clue. People just tend to load different league and uncover some gems you can sign for cheap prices which i guess is good as you don't always wish to pay high prices with all the famous leagues loaded.
Haha! The strength doesn't bother me that much really, since its comparable to Puyol and he was phenomenal for me during my first season at Barca. I naturally just let the players like Varane naturally grow since he's been built quite balanced in my opinion. But yeah he's an animal!

Could try Dede, Although he's not well rounded like Varane.

i think every1 loads norway leagues they have some amazing talents!! look at douglas from shaktar or john stones