Montanaro

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm bored of my saves and I need an uncommon tactic that I can work on.

I've currently got a good 4-1-2-1-2 (flat back 4 / 1 DM / 2 CM / 1 AM / 2 ST) in a diamond.

I don't like formations with 3 CBs as they refuse to close down near the corner flag (Barca sometimes uses this, the two outside CBs are a CB/Sideback hybrid allowing most of the players to go forward)

I also prefer wingerless tactics as I find quality winger regens to be few and far between and often lacking in certain areas (finishing/crossing/pace...something is always missing).

I like using all 3 types of MCs (DMC/MC/AMC) as I find them to be the most interchangeable and most well rounded players.

Now I'm not too big on Strikers, there are tons of quality goal scorer regens in the game. I sort of prefer two strikers as it allows me to give more playing time to the plethora of striker regens I always buy (I'll have maybe 6 4 1/2-5 star PA strikers) but I don't have a problem with 1 striker formations as they tend to stay central which makes for a much better crossing target.

What do you guys suggest?

I'm mulling over a 4-2-2-2 (2 dm / 2 mc / 2 st) and a 4-1-3-2 (1 dm / 3 mc) and 4-2-2-1-1 (2 dm / 2 mc / 1 am / 1 st). If ya'll have some other idea let me know. Asymmetrical formations are also welcome

I'm currently developing V2 of my 4-1-3-1-1 with a lot of success with Freiburg. I would love it if you want to help me fiddle around with it

Last edited:
Well, I'm not big on using other peoples tactics.

But sure what the ****, I'll take a look. See if I can garner some inspiration from you and vice versa.

v2 hasn't been released yet and is in many ways very different so I was thinking we could co-create it?

Just upload it with fileshare or something and shoot me a PM with the link and I'll take a look.

I noticed in your tactic thread you said you use classic style. What advantages do you get over the new style?

Btw I've been using the same philosophy of playing extra wide with high closing down to make my MCs defend wider (i just wish SI gave us an option to instruct MCs to drift wide offensively)