Need advice - getting more goals out of Bale.

• Thread starter Thread starter Panlid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

Panlid

Reaction score
Currently in my first season with Spurs and things are going nicely, absolutely killing teams in the cups and after a horrific start to the PL campaign have turned it around and am now 5th and playing well.

Something i'd like to improve is Bale's goal tally. He is playing brilliantly and getting a decent amount of assists, but 3-4 times per game (at a guess) he will tear the right back apart and get 1 on 1 with the keeper, at which time he will blaze it wide. He has 4 goals this season from 17 games so far, whereas his right wing counterpart Dos Santos has 10 (by the way, Dos Santos is amazing, cant fit VDV in the team!). So the facts are as follows:

I play Bale in AML position in a 4-5-1 (advanced wingers and DMC in the centre), i've set his individual training to finishing, and set it to high, but as yet it hasnt moved from 13.

Any advice for getting more goals out of him? Any screenshots needed, please say and i'll post.

Sorry new to the forum, just took me 30 mins to work out how to post screens:

This is Bales usual setup in my usual formation and with pretty much everyone fit.

View attachment 218430

Dos Santos is a left footer playing on the right wing which is probably why he's scoring more.

Ahh ok interesting, that makes sense actually as alot of Dos Santos' goals are when he cuts inside and places in the far post. Bale has 18 assists and 8 goals in 32 games with an AR of 7.50 - do you think i'd be better just leaving him alone? My whole issue at the moment is that i create 20+ chances a game (against most opposition) but am not converting anywhere near enough, if their keeper has a good game i'm lucky to get out 1-0.

Beat Chelsea in the LC final, 1-0. They had 27 shots 10 on target, I had 7 with 1 on target - Pav ftw! Their team is scary, luckily they had alot of injuries or i'd have surely lost. Torres has a fractured skull!

Back