Need advice on building a great defense

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjordan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

mrjordan

Reaction score
So I decided with my Everton team, to build the greatest defense ever.
I picked up a bunch of players who in theory, should be good, however I'm disappointed.

first I picked up RULLI at goaltender, who has actually been pretty good.
Also,

Ryan Shawcross
Eder Alvarez Balanta
Ezequiel Munoz

In addition to
Jagielka, stones, Coleman, and Baines.

That should make my back 4 absolutely solid.

Additionally, I picked up (as Ball winners)

Lucas Romero
Gastonia Gil Romero
Romulo
M. Kranevitter

I'm wondering if it's just going to take some time for these guys to grow up and get better, but at present a lot of them are making more mistakes than interceptions which makes me use the "aggressive" feedback after matches!

granted, it has only been five matches but seriously, 30 mistakes in five matches? that is incredibly bad. I have several players with that statistic.

Shawcross and Munoz seems to be the best of the newcomers but the others are making really stupid mistakes. Sometimes I speak to them, and criticize that they are making too many mistakes and they say, "I'm not making any more mistakes than anyone else" which is rather hilarious.

I am using control/structured with very few shouts other than play from defense, play narrower, stay on feet, higher tempo.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you

play balanta/shawcross as a limited defender alongside munoz/stones as centeral defenders

in midfield have kranenvitter as ur ball winner and lucas romero as central midfielder support

You've brought in so many players in one window. You can't expect them all to immediately know how to play with eachother after 5 games. Give is 12-16 months for them to settle into the squad and be fully integrated into the tactical setup.

You've brought in so many players in one window. You can't expect them all to immediately know how to play with eachother after 5 games. Give is 12-16 months for them to settle into the squad and be fully integrated into the tactical setup.

I see, so you are suggesting that for big matches, I stick with the veteran guys?

Back