Need advice (refs, discipline and save scumming)

reto xenor

Reaction score
Hi. I need a little advice with respect to refs. I've been handling my team for half a season now and we've done pretty well. Of the 19 matches we've played so far, in 14 matches we've accumulated 21 yellows and 1 red (for two yellows), which in my opinion seems pretty good. The problem is with the remaining 5 matches, all of them led by the same referee, in which the ref in question punished my team with a whooping 26 yellows and 6 reds (all of them for 2 consecutive yellows). I didn't really pay attention to that ref before, thinking that poor discipline might have come from me experimenting with my tactic, but now we've established the way in which we want to play, it's not overly aggressive, all the other refs have no problem with it, except for the same guy who in our last game showed us 7 yellows and 3 reds. For this last match he scored an amazing rating of 4.3, I remember seing the note for one of our earlier matches and it too stood somewhere around 4 (alas, the match history for the refs only shows the last 10 games).

Does this one ref have some hidden "biased against team x" attribute somewhere? If so, is there some measure of punishment the game will employ? Or will I have to suffer this ref for the next upteen seasons and this is just a "sometimes refs suck, deal with it" kind of situation? Finally, in your opinion, does getting these kinds of "spotlight refs" warrant reloading pre-match saves?

Last edited: