Need defensive help please

• Thread starter Thread starter coxy1234
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

coxy1234

Reaction score
I am currently on a Cambridge United save in the Blue Square Premier and I am half way through my first season. Although I am running away with the league, being 11 points clear at the top already, I am struggling to keep clean sheets and conceding a goal a game. This isn't a problem now as I am scoring so many, and the goals I concede are only consolations but when I get promoted I can see my defensive issues causing problems.

Please can someone look at my players and tactics in the screenshots I have attached and tell me why I can't keep any clean sheets
View attachment 236410View attachment 236409View attachment 236411View attachment 236412View attachment 236413View attachment 236414View attachment 236415View attachment 236416

Well, conceeding when 3-0 ( i assume that its common for you) up is something that happends often in the game, just like in real life, especially if you play àn approach that uses and needs its high pressing. Imagine the players feeling they dont need to anymore, well then your approach falls and the opposition that is compact and playing triangels Will move freely. I normally play to close out games like this, sitting with more men behind the ball, holding possession. Retain possession, pass to feet and play narrow along with playing à standard strategy does it for me.

Thank you for the advice. How is it that you get more men behind the ball.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice. How is it that you get more men behind the ball.

Well, I have fewer players making runs ahead Of the ball when I loose possession , we are still compact and have not lost our shape, hence not needing to hassle the opponent

Last edited:
Back