Need Experienced FM Players Help And Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter priceyboy90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3K

priceyboy90

Reaction score
Hi Guys i apologise if this thread is in the rong place in the forum.

I am in need of help i am currently Managing lincoln city just started about 3 games into the season and not doing too bad just need someone with a little experience to give me a bit of guidance and a point in the right direction on players signings tactics ect..

I have Curretnly Signed;

ST - ***** Topp - Free Agent
ST - Milan Djuric - Loan From Tottenham
DR - Richie De Laet - Loan From Man U
DL - Joe Heath - Loan From Forest

My Current Team Is,

View attachment 23132

I Have Got Standard Tactics. Help Here Would Be Appreciated.

I Havent Got Any Transfer Funds.

The Squad Is A Young One So I think I am in need of a Experienced Holding midfielder to carry of the play and has a technical side to his game, and maybe a winger or 2. ( thats just what i think ) So finding these players with no budget is hard. I am aiming for a Technically Gifted Team such as Arsenal But I would also like them to be strong like chelsea, i am not really looking for pace as a general rule as im looking to play a 'attractive attacking football' So i need tactics to incorporate this.

Any Help that You Can give i will be very grateful for.

The Board Has Told me that i should be aiming for a mid table finish but i wud prefer to finish top 10

As I say i have only played 3 games but the current table looks like this

View attachment 23141

So To Summarise I Am looking fior a Technically Gifted Team Thats a nice passing side prefferably strong , (tactics to accompany this wud be great)
I understand that i should be looking for star players but good players for this league that will up my chances of the top ten aim. No Money To Spend :(

Many Thanks

first up, stop dreaming.

league 2 is not a haven of attractive football, not necesarily because the players arent good enough, but the poor picthes and the effects of weather on them make for a shoddy surface, meaning ugly, scrappy football.

for now you need to play the way the environment and facilities dictate, and in time as you go up the football ladder you can become the barcelona of lincolnshire!

you need a strong team no doubt. a big man up front to play the unatractive long ball game will help.

my msot succesful tactic at this level goes like this.

start with a normal back four, but with very defensive full backs offering very little support to the attacks. a normal 4 in midfield, with 2 centre mids both very defensively minded. use the wingers as support only, they dont have to be great dribblers, think park ji sung!

i would concentrate all my flair and cretivity into the only 2 true attacking postions, an amc and a striker. start with 2 strikers in their normal left centre forward and right centre forward positions then drop one directly back so he becomes an amc but runs into the space he just vacated, rather than having them on top of each other in the middle.

try and secure a highly creative amc, passing, creativity, first touch, flair are important here, as are dribbling and heading to an extent. the striker ideally needs to be an all round player, but being a good targetman is most important.

base you tactic around defending with your back four and midfield and then quickly getting the ball to the front 2 when you get possession, use direct or long passing here.

it sounds very negative i know, and it may take a little while for your players to adapt, but unless you have a back four and goalie made up of clowns then you will not concede many goals, and getting the ball to your 2 flair players quickly usually seesa you nicka goal or two.

beware, your amc and cf dont need to be world beaters but they need to be of equal or hopefully slightly better standard than some of the best players in your league for this to work. if u just use an average amc and an average strikers you will see a lot of boring 0-0 draws and frustrating 1-0 defeats

players wise i havent delved into the lower leagues yet on fm10 but i have jsut started a file in scotland with hamilton. seyfo soely is a good buy if you can get him

Last edited:
I agree with jdm, League 2 is scrappy and very unattractive, I have looked at jdm tatic tried it out and it seems to be spot on whats needed to battle through league 2.

If your finding it hard to find players with expirence and talent look to the championship and league 1 teams reserve squad you may be luck enough for purchase a young , talented person or loan them. But for expirience I am not very sure, you would have to look around.

sound advice truegooner.

i am usually more forthcoming with advice on players but so far i havent started any real lower legaue management on fm10 so i have no idea if the players i could recomend would even come to a league 2 team.

a favourite of mine from fm09 was gary deegan (bohemians, you may need to load all players from uk/irelnad) he usually came free or cheap and would sometimes drop as low as BSP

i managed to get my morecambe team playing fast flowing football, if you have players with good passing then you will do nicely, ***** topp should score for fun in league 2, he did in league 1 for me mate, if you want fast flowing football, you need to keep them at it during pre season, i dont recommend it though, i got damien mozika on a free and i signed lee matthews on a free also

Same here , Yet to try out lower league in any nation.
Also you could also try sending your scouts on assignments though they may not be very good may produce reasonable results.

Get Aidan White on loan from Leeds.

And try Vincent Pericard on a free agent.

pericard is at carlisle on the latest patch isnt he?

Cheers for the advice fellas just changed the tactics and players instructions now so will see how we go. As for ***** topp he aint scoreds any goals for me yetin the last 5 games so hopefully this tactic brings out his shootin boots. will postr updates on how im doing tonite so u can see for yourself if the tactic is working. Cheers

Back