Need good central midfielder

• Thread starter Thread starter Robbinnie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5K

Robbinnie

Reaction score
Lampard is getting old, so i need to replace him. You know anyone? Coz if i search players i can almost only find attacking midfielders. :S

As anyone else will ask you, what season are you in? what kind of budget you looking to spend? :)
And i am assuming you are chelsea?

Javi Martinez - Athletic
Jucilei - Corinthians
Guido Pizarro - Lanus
Steven Defour - Liege
Jao Moutinho - Porto
Markus Henriksen - Rosenborg
Mousso Sissoko - Toulouse
Lukman Haruna - Monaco
Alturo Vidal - Leverkusen
Nuri Sahin - Dortmund
Alan Dzagoev - CSKA
Kwadwo Asamoah - Udinese
Fernandinho - Shakthar
Necip Uysal - Besiktas
Bastian Schweinsteiger - Bayern

Ganso, Hamsik, Pastore

For 30 mil you should be able to get Ganso or Defour who are both excellent playmakers. Since you are Chelsea you are set for destroyers in your mid you just lack creativity. If you want someone who is more all around then go for Moutinho or even M'Vila

I personally believe Hamsik is the ideal Lampard replacement when you'e after a like-for-like replacement. He's very good going forward and plays similarly to Lampard.

However, if you don't mind the style and just want someone to do a great job in the vacant spot Lampard relinquishes due to old age then I'd go for ganso or pastore if money isn't an issue.

If strictly budgetting, Pjanic is a very sound investment for 15million or less usually. He can play right away but will still develop into a complete monster. Ramsey would be a good option also if you can convince arsenal to sell and him to join rivals.

Good luck

Thanks, well i'm about to buy patore, ganso, martinez or kroos, for hamsik was just sold to atletico madrid so i'll buy him later. which of these four should i buy?

It depends on what kind of player you are looking for. Do you need an Attacking midfielder? Defensive midfielder?
Cuz in my eyes Lampard is quite an attacking midfielder.
Cuz you said u had found only attacking midfielders.

From my experiences:

Attacking midfielders:
Ganso
Pastore
Hamsik
Guilano(not worldclass, but still amazing)
Fabregas(but guess u cant get him :p)

Defensive midfielders:
Vidal
M'Villa
Rodwell
Fellaini

Lampard is playing box to box for me.

I guess i should go big next season to get Hamsik or Fabregas :P

Back