Need help against bayern munich

• Thread starter Thread starter newcyx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 8K

newcyx

Reaction score
Could anyone suggest me a good formation and tactics to beat bayern munich ? i won in san siro ( yea im acm manager ) 2-1 and now i have to get a good result in alianz arena.Whats a good formation to beat them ? they play 4-2-3-1 ----4 Flat Defenders 2 Center midfielders 1 Attacking midfielder 2 wingers and one striker.

ANY IDEA ?

Its not about the formation as such but how you play within it. I would probably try to play à more balanced counter approach, using the shouts to get the ball back fast( not hassle though, no extremes) ,keep the ball in the team and at the ground . The key is also to make sure that you exploit the fact that BMs front 4 Will not track back so much. Perhaps try to keep the ball down the flanks and work it into the box. The best formation( if going to speak about one) will probably be à flat 442.

4-1-3-2 i play with augsburg and have 2 draws 1 win 1 loss for the last 2 years.also against such tactic i would highly recomend raikans migh and magic(counter strategy one) but bare in mind that ribery is highly skillful and loves to cut inside destroying you back 4.so my best recomendation is 4-1-3-2 , fluid, control.leave all team instructions as is but drop d-line to 1-st defensive notch and tick counterattack.in the dm position use DM or AH to hold position , use mixed marking and very important-set the marking of both fullbacks to man.also OI-always tight marking to all 4 attacking players, always close down to the wingers also, show onto weaker foot ONLY to the ST and AMC(although i think most of them play with both feet-in this case leave it as is), hard tackling to everybody, and position instruction "show onto left foot" to the DCL-this also only in case he has a right preferred foot.do not issue a team talk that allows complacency as well :)
for the player roles, i would say CD's not LDs as those tend to press too much which is not good in this case.also 1 of the 3 CM should be BWS and the best way to counter attack is to have 2 poacher type strikers-a lot of pace, dribling and as much of decisions, off the ball and anticipation as possible.
One thing i almost forgot to mention: to let the ball flow you will need your players drawing nice "triangles"(like in that great Dinamo Kiev team) and in order to force AI to do that you need "move in to channels" of your offensive players set manually.so if you use one more offensive cm, put him in the middle and set his wide play to move into channels, if you decide to play 2 of that type, put them in left and right position(worse version) and once again set them to move into chanels.
P.S. All credit for the last advise should go to Raikan, if you wish you can read his thread about possesion football as well.

Last edited:
Back