Need help! Cant Score!

dannyagar123

Reaction score
This is my first post so be nice :)

I am in my 5th season with Leeds United. I achieved promotion in the first season, then finished seventh in the Premiership second season, and then 13th, and then 14th. I am struggling to find the right tactic to score a lot of goals with, in my last two seasons I have played a 4-5-1 and struggled to score many goals (I changed from a 4-4-2 because it stopped working well for some reason), I have tinkered with team settings/ player instructions to make the tactic better but nothing seems to be working. We usually control possession very well and most of the time only lose 1-0.
This is my current tactic.
View attachment 205330
And this is my current squad.
View attachment 205331

I don't want to use a downloaded tactic, but I would appreciate some help in terms of alterations to my playing style which could help me improve my teams performances.

hey bud, post a SS of your squad with the team instructions on the left hand side as well :) can try and assist you from there, welcome :)

At least there's a severe lack of creativity in that squad! The tactic looks functional, though I'm personally a big fan of playmakers. What kind of goals are you scoring, btw?

You need a playmaker in there, someone like mata(i know he is at chelsea and you wont be able to get him) but someone who is quick and has a lot of creativity !

Luckily, its the transfer window soon so I will look for a creative player, I have tried playing Snodgrass and Tae-Hee in an advanced playmaker role at AMR, as apparently it is their best role ( according to my coaches ), but I am sceptical about that. I think the area most lacking is the centre of midfield so I will try to find a creative CM and see what happens. Of the goals that I have scored, most have been created by passes, but I have noticed a lack of goals from crosses, and also, most of the goals are either placed or powerful shots, but hardly any headers, whereas I am conceding a lot of headers ( three times as many headers conceded than scored ! ) . What could I do about that?

Back