Need Help , My Chelsea Team, Need a excellent tactic, Suggestions??

Reaction score
Im in my first season , my team consists of the following players,

GK - CECH, HILARIO, TURNBULL
DEF- COLE/BETRAND , TERRY , LUIZ/ALEX/IVANOVIC , LAHM/BOSIGNWA
MID- HAMSIK, MERIELES, ROMEU, RAMIRES, ESSIEN, LAMPARD, MIKEL
FOWARDS- DROGBA, LAVEZZI, CAVANI, TORRES, MATA, KALOU, LUKAKU, GOTZE, STURRIDGE

I Have quality players, just not sure how to use them and in what tactic,
who should i sell or possibly buy and loan out?

I just got beat by man city 4-0 at stamford bridge, So major help is needed.

Any advice

1. Download Raikan007's Might and Magic
2. Don't change the roles of any of the players (at least, at first). Play them like this:

Cech -- Keeper
Cole -- LeftBack
Luiz or Ivanovic -- Center Defender Left (the one in the cover role)
Terry -- Center Defender Right (the Limited Defender role)
Lahm -- RightBack

Lampard, Hamsik, Meireles, or Ramires -- Center Midfielder Left (slightly more attacking of the 2 CMs)
Mikel, Essien, Ramires, or Romeu -- Center Midfielder Right (slightly more defensive of the 2 CMs)

Gotze, Mata, or Kalou -- Left Winger (Maybe set to an inside forward with "cut inside" as the wide play instruction)
Lavezzi, Gotze, or Kalou -- Right Winger (if Gotze, set as inside forward, play lots of through balls, direct passing)

Cavani, Drogba, Lukaku -- Left Striker (the holding striker in the "rooney" role--passes small through passes to the poacher). Cavani is ideal for this, drogba and lukaku will probably do ok in it.

Torres, Sturridge, Mata -- Right Striker (the poacher role). He will receive passes from the wingers and his striker partner, and score a ton of goals. Has to be fast, good finishing, decent anticipation, good composure. All 3 of these fit the bill.

With that kind of squad, you should do great using this tactic. Against big teams (United, City, Barca) replace the left striker with an anchor man or defensive midfielder.

Hope this helps.

-Sven

I think Lukaku and drogba do really well in poacher role too.. And Sturidge can play left striker... Torress will do better if you make him super sub.. He really can score between 60 to 90 min.. but make sure look at the situation.. FM 12 is really hard game than other installment..

buy players like cavani ,kaka,rooney ,silva in 1st season

Last edited:
Well, stop cheating to start with, Chelsea give you a maximum of 20m in first season budget, and you haven't even sold players, so its clear that you've been having a bit too much fun with the editor.