BalarDoinksy

Reaction score
Hi there guys,
i am new to fm and i can't seem to find a tactic that will work for leeds. I am looking for a tactic that will win promotion. A tactic that will score lots of goals and at the same time concede very few goals. I recently signed strikers Ahmed Soukouna and Darwin Quintero. Also defender Adrian Aldrete. I also signed Midfielders Andile Jali, Bressan, Dare Vrsic and Teko Modise. The team seems to have slow defenders and their mental attributes are somewhat lacking. Any ideas on what tactic i should use? Thanks in advance.

Hi there guys,
i am new to fm and i can't seem to find a tactic that will work for leeds. I am looking for a tactic that will win promotion. A tactic that will score lots of goals and at the same time concede very few goals. I recently signed strikers Ahmed Soukouna and Darwin Quintero. Also defender Adrian Aldrete. I also signed Midfielders Andile Jali, Bressan, Dare Vrsic and Teko Modise. The team seems to have slow defenders and their mental attributes are somewhat lacking. Any ideas on what tactic i should use? Thanks in advance.

Here are 5 different formation using the "same" approach. I have played around with Leeds and won promotion with them with the default Squad and I am sure that if getting the man managing correct so will you. Look at the team to see what formation that suits you the best and stick with it for the entire season. Download that tactic and Load up the High Press and the Lower press version in the match prep and use High Press at home and Lower press when playing away or against really good teams at home. Also switch to Lower press when your team becomes tired or complacent as they wont close down high up in the pitch as a unit anyway, better stand to stand off a little more. And at the same time, dont be afraid to use High pressure on teams that acts nervouse, even if they are the better side.

One thing thing - and this is important

- You wont score loads of goals and concede very few as Leeds just dont have the tam for it. As you mentioned, the squad lacks in mental attributes and whilst you should have a good chnace of getting promoted, you will loose some games and concede more than you want. No Tactic in the world can change that

Underdog/MiddleTeam Tactic -* Nr1 - The Wide 42121 - Promotion with Posh, Morecambe

Underdog/MiddleTeam Tactic -* Nr2* - The Deep 4231 -***Beta Version***

Underdog/MiddleTeam Tactic -* Nr3* - The Deep 442 -***Beta Version***

Underdog/MiddleTeam Tactic -* Nr4* -Narrow Diamo -***Beta Version

Underdog/MiddleTeam Tactic -* Nr5* - The 451 -***Beta Version***

hey there theBetterHalf,
thanks for the quick reply. I can't seem to download the tactics that you mentioned. When I click on the link it goes back to the original page. am i doing something wrong?

hey there theBetterHalf,
thanks for the quick reply. I can't seem to download the tactics that you mentioned. When I click on the link it goes back to the original page. am i doing something wrong?

No, I messed up the links when merging the threads. Will set up new ones tonight

Ok. Tell me when the links are fixed. Again thank you for the quick replies. I appreciate it.

thanks theBetterHalf. I just have one question, do the tactics work with patch 12.0.2?

what exactly is the difference between the new patch and the older patches in terms of the tactics?

what exactly is the difference between the new patch and the older patches in terms of the tactics?

Well, the earlier patches ( 12.0.4 and earlier) had some huges, huges flaws, making it almost meaningless to play.

1.) The superb or awefull morale. Once the team got superb morale, it never dropped and if the team had really poor morale, it was almost impossible to turn ot around

2.) The AI controlled teams not learning their tactics, especially their backup tactics.

3.) The human scored too much from corners ( without any exploit) whilst the AI controlled teams hardly scored from them at all.

All this meant that once you got à good start Of the season, things just kept going.
In the next match, the human was more likely to score the first goal ( morale , corners ) and as soon as the AI , opponent, changed their tactic to play more attacking or cautious as à response, they changed to à tactic they where awkard with,leading to us scoring 1,2,3 more goals .

... Then our morale got higher and then things repeated. Even if the AI got the first goal, they mostly switched approach to either Defend their lead or try to score even more , again using àn akward approach.

With this Said , using à Balanced squad would do great, even if the tactic was flawed, as long as morale was at top

Hi TBH,

Thank you for your wonderful tips. I am halfway through my first season with leeds and i have chosen to use the 451 formation with my team. The team is already very familiar with the tactic and everything is fluid. But i am currently seeing a slump in form as my star players are struggling to score goals or create chances. I'm thinking of changing my tactic with the other four tactics you suggested. Is that a good idea or should i just stick with the 451? If I am to change my tactic, which tactic should i choose?

Hi TBH,

Thank you for your wonderful tips. I am halfway through my first season with leeds and i have chosen to use the 451 formation with my team. The team is already very familiar with the tactic and everything is fluid. But i am currently seeing a slump in form as my star players are struggling to score goals or create chances. I'm thinking of changing my tactic with the other four tactics you suggested. Is that a good idea or should i just stick with the 451? If I am to change my tactic, which tactic should i choose?

Hi TBH,

I'm sorry but i can't read your reply properly. You just quoted what i said and i am confused.