Need help on national team job application

azamat

Reaction score
Currently managing Dortmund, the nationality of my manager is German, reputation is world class and has won multiple trophies with Dortmund but is still constantly rejected whenever i tried to apply for the Germany national team job, what is it actually the criteria that defines the suitability of the national team job?!

Maybe the national team just likes the manger that they already have...

a good reputation leads to bigger things. try winning the treble with Dortmund for a few season, and ur reputation will increase. but if the job of the current manager of Germany is still stable, then hardly you'll get it. ;)

So do we have any concrete ideas on the criteria for hiring national team managers? Is it based solely on reputation?

I was managing a club in the top Polish league (whom I took there), my reputation was Continental, and while I didn't get any national team jobs, whenever I applied (2 or 3 I think), the media said I was a hot favourite for the job. Anyway, I resigned (of my own accord, was sick of Legia winning every season), took a job in SkyBet L1, and ever since, whenever I apply, the media says I have no chance at the job. Even Caribbean teams with 100+ FIFA ranking. The only thing that changed was the immediate drop in reputation with the new job, my attributes have slightly increased, as has my win record. I guess it kinda makes sense for countries to not hire someone managing in a 3rd-tier league in a foreign country, but just wanted to check if there was more to the criteria than reputation.

PS sorry for digging up an old thread, didn't think this deserved a new one.