Need help surviving the Prem

• Thread starter Thread starter United90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1K

United90

Reaction score
Hello anyone who cares to be reading this but Im in my second season with Burnley.

As you can guess by the title, I was promoted to the prem at the first time of asking butnow im there im 7 games in with only a point. I have been trying out a few formations mainly defensive and im getting my *** handed to me.

So I went into a home game against stoke with a 4-3-3 attacking formation and came away with the only point this season. So to that end i decided that maybe attacking might be the better option to then be beat 3-0 to west brom.

Meanwhile ive been knoced out of the league cup in the 3rd round to a 2-0 defeat to mk dons away and been laughed off the park 6-0 by man u.

Can anyone help me???

Play counter attacking football.
It also helps to have atleast two formations to rotate,one for away games and harder opponents and one for home games and lesser teams. But it's also handy to switch if one of them clearly isn't working in a match.
I tend to play 433 against stronger teams and 4222 or 41212 at home or against teams I should beat.
This goes for all my saves.

Cheers thunderblood, i always struggle surviving in the Prem with a newly promoted team. Winning the championship is the easy part. Nice one

What did you do in the transfer window? There are a few players who are great for your situation. Marco Ruben from Villlareal usually bags about 25 goals in my first season up (I play as west ham) also, loaning players like Jonjo Shelvey, Macheda, Welbeck and Lucas Piazon can be helpful.

Furthermore, if you have a bad run of fixtures, plan easy friendlies to keep morale up.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend not using more then three formations to get with, as your team will find it very hard to make a connection with it. Also if you have the right players it will surely benefit you, More experienced Premier League players will more then likely motivate your team more and often have a big impact on a newly promoted team,

Best of luck.

if your struggling to get morale up then it might be worth going to contain and very rigid for a couple of games to try and get a draw or 2, especially against big teams because getting some sort of result when you're preicted to lose can help raise moral.

if your struggling to get morale up then it might be worth going to contain and very rigid for a couple of games to try and get a draw or 2, especially against big teams because getting some sort of result when you're preicted to lose can help raise moral.
I agree with this, as long as your team keep getting a kick up the back side they will perform in the next few games after this.

You need a tactic for playing bigger teams where you absorb the pressure and hit them on the counter and then a more controlling tactic for games against others around you in the table.

It is tough at first, but most times I've been promoted to the Premiership the team seems to gel and start playing much better before and around Xmas and thereafter.

Best defense is a good offense xD First season in PL i finished 5th, with 4-3-2-1 formation (with wings xD).

Back