Need help to adjust my tactic for away games

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've worked out a tactic for my Liverpool side, which actually turned out brilliant! At least when i am playing at home, but when I play away it is not even decent. I like the concept I play stability in the defence and dangerous on the counter attacks, and I really want to hold on to something similar at away.

I am currently in my second season played 9 games of the PL and still struggle on away games. Last season I had only 2 loses at home (One in the Europe league 1st knockout round, and one in the league against QPR) with a score of 37 goals and only 11 conceded at home in the league, but playing away is a whole different story, 22 goals and 27 conceded.

Just a little statistic for you guys, who wonder how these scores are compared to similar teams like Tottenham and Arsenal I can say... Arsenal had a score of 36-18 (Home) and 30-33 (Away) Tottenham had a score of 32-15 (Home) 29-16 (Away)

So the main problem doesn’t seems to be not scoring enough although it is still under average, but conceding to many goals. The goals I concede are almost everything, Free kicks, corner kicks, a few crosses, through balls, drop balls, you name it.

My tactic, team and player instructions are as following:

The first thing I noticed was you don't really have any width, as both your wingers will cut inside.

To be honest though, I don't think you can really have a tactic for away games, as teams play different styles. You may make a style that perfectly counters Stoke weaknesses away, but it isn't going to do much good against Swansea! :)

The first thing I noticed was you don't really have any width, as both your wingers will cut inside.

To be honest though, I don't think you can really have a tactic for away games, as teams play different styles. You may make a style that perfectly counters Stoke weaknesses away, but it isn't going to do much good against Swansea! :)

Yea i can follow you on that, but there must be something to do to cut the loses and take step up the ranks..

To be honest, I use the same tactics whether I am home or away, it just depends on the opponents. Sorry :)

You may try my "2Combo" tactic:

"- 2Combo -Away match tactic. Very solid defense with a high possibility of launching killer counter. Since the tactic was created, I play 10 Away match with it, 9 clean sheet winning, one 2-0 lost to Barcelona"

Mine is almost basic so your players will get familiar to it in no time :)

Back