need help to create FM GUIDE how to defend,...

mihabite

Reaction score
Hello,

i was searching on the internet for GUIDE how to play against various opponents, but i got nothing. So i decided to start a project and collect proposals from experienced FM players how to play against:
-fast attackers
-strong attackers
-strong and fast attackers
-team that plays on counter
-high pressure team
-exploit opponents formation
-the easiest way to analyze an opponent

thanks for help!

So you want other people to give you everything and you just assemble the guide?

Most of the things you mention has logical solutions (often more than one) anyway.

There are loads of these online, and over on the SI forums

So you want other people to give you everything and you just assemble the guide?

Most of the things you mention has logical solutions (often more than one) anyway.

^ This ^

In FM simple logic is often your best friend.

I opened this topic because a lot of people play FM static (every match with same shouts) or they play with already made tactics, but if we stand together and create a basic guide, this would be a big step to help them and some players will learn something new.

Yes, but there is no real solution, as this year FM is more dynamic then ever in terms of AI...

Solution is there for every problem, but it is not always same... It is different if You have strong team and it is completly different if you have lower quality team. If you play against weaker team, simple marking can completly destroy opponents gameplan, but if you try same aginst better opponent, this will destroy you.

I have some gidelines which I use to determine best way to destroy opponents gameplan, but that is easier part. To find solution is much harder part, especialy if you are weaker team...

For expample, If they are agressive possesion team, I try to eliminate their main passer, to distrupt flow of their attack. This can be done by marking, or by plungin certain areas of field with players with agressive roles (BWM for example). I look at the areas where they are making most damage and try to solve this by adopting some minor changes to my team (mostly it is to drop deeper, or to push higher, more pressing/less pressing, slow down or speed up game, and sometimes, one player position change can be very helpfull - for example, I had lot of problems with 3-4-3 direct play of Udineze, but I solved it by just pushing back my AMC to MC position in my 4-1-2-2-1 with AMC and AML).

I also beleive that, especialy if you are weaker team, you need to solve your prolbems higher upfield, then to make gamplan against strikers. For example, if you have high posession team that builds up from defence, you can completly paralize his gamplan by forsing him to send longballs forward. This can be achived by simply ignoring his CBs and GK in pressing, and maintaining your form. Or by man marking his FB-s and DM, or deep CM-s. Wise versa, if you have team with direct passing, solution is to drop deeper and slow down his game by maintaining defensive form and denying space for opponent... They will then lose nervs and make lot mistakes...

But these are just one of possible solution to problem, it is hard to compile them all as there is so many variables that you have to account for...

And 3 formation setup is great for strong teams, but it is no use for lower quality teams, as I found out it is much better to keep shouts as they are, and to adopt formation deppending on your needs for particular game... It will give you fluid tactic anyway, and you will have desired defensive shape. Main thing is to know what is your main strenght in offensive play and to try not to distrupt this line (for me, it was my RB coming from deep and crossing to my tall striker, and with RMD coming from behind defence and late arival of AMC/MC for picking up of lose ball)... With this philosophy, i had some wierd tactics without LB and RM in 4-4-1-1 formation and it worked...