kryptzlol

Reaction score
Need help with 4-2-3-1(Manchester United)

I'm currently playing Manchester United and using a 4-2-3-1 tactic.

View attachment 462850View attachment 462849View attachment 462848

It seems like the advanced playmaker is being used like a normal central midfielder instead of creating space and playing others through on goal. As you can see his assists and goals ratio for games is really low and it shouldn't be for such a good player. Verratti in the central midfield spot as support already has 9 assists in 19 games so why is my playmaker's return so low?

Any ideas on how I can improve this tactic and involve my playmaker more? My central midfielders tend to have around 80-95 passes each in almost every game and the Advanced playmaker has around 50-60 usually but he rarely makes any key passes! My inside forwards do all the key passes and Januzaj on that right wing provides around 3 key passes per match and Bernard just scores goals most of the time.

My striker gets a lot of goals, currently Werner sits at 18 goals and 8 assists in 25 appearances which is a really good return and that's one of the problems. The striker is sometimes sitting right next to Gomez and taking up his space as a playmaker, playing inside the inside forwards and giving them good shooting chances.

I've had previous experiences with using a similar tactic in FM 2013 and my Advanced playmaker in behind the striker usually contributes around 15 goals and 25 assists per season if he's good enough, sometimes even more.

Last edited:
I have now run into a bigger problem. I moved the CM into a DM position to have more space for the CAM to play in and now Goretzka in a DM(DLP) position is my top scorer with 13 goals in the premier league. What am I doing wrong? :(

I'm having issues getting the AMC role to work at all. The opposition box appears to get too crowded with my players and also the opposition defenders.

I did get the AMC to work in the early Beta, but after a few patches I have given up on it, maybe changing the passing and/or defensive line shouts would work. I find that CMs are much more devastating in attack running from deep.

Maybe it's just me!

Yes, I'm thinking of switching to an anchor with 2 central midfielders in front of him instead of having a CAM.