Need help with creating separate leagues in the same country

ccollins44

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to create my State's High school soccer system in he editor. The way it works is my state is separated into 12 sections based on location in the state. Every section is separated into 5 classes. Class AA, A, B, C, and D based on size of enrollment in the school. So I am trying to make a league with all 12 sections separated into the five classes which function as divisions and make up the five tiers of the ladder. I have Pro/Rel between the classes. So for example, Section 3 Class AA through D is one league, Section 4 Class AA through D is another league and so on and so forth. Section 3 teams can only be in Section 3 leagues. Section 4 teams can only be in section 4, etc. The first issue I ran into was after I made the second section. Section 3 was made fine. After I made Section 1, I went to test the leagues but the test came up with an error saying Section 1 Class AA can't be at the top of the ladder because Section 3 Class AA already was. So I made overarching leagues And just Called them Class AA, Class A, etc., and put the section leagues as subdivisions. So Section 3 AA and Section 1 AA were subdivisions of Class AA. Then I ran into my second problem. Each section has a different amount of teams in each class. For example, Section 3 has 13 teams in Class AA while Section 1 has 21. Section 3 has 24 teams in Class D while Section 1 has only 4. I'm trying to have each league have it's own system of pro/rel. I want 3 teams to be promoted from Section 3 Class D and I don't want 3 teams Promoted from Section 1 Class D as it only has 4 teams. Is there a way that I can have these leagues be in the same country but not connected so they can all be at spots 1-5 on the ladder at the same time. (These Leagues are connected But only but a a tournament at the end of the season. The winners of each class at each section play in a tourney. All the Class AA winners in each section play in on tourney, the Class A winners play in another, etc.) Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

CCollins44

It should be possible, want to share the file and I'll have a look at it?

A few steps for you before I show you the 'how to':
  • Clear the 'Divisions' tab on your nations rule
  • Create 5 new divisions (AA class, A class, B class etc) with no teams, these will act as parent divisions to hold all the sections' divisions
  • Make all 5 class divisions for each section before you go onto the next step, to simplify things.
View attachment 46464
1) When adding a new division select 'Contains Sub-Divisions'
View attachment 46463
2) Choose the empty parent league for the class
View attachment 46462
3) Add each section's division for that class on the next page
View attachment 46461
4) You can pretty much ignore the info here as you'll set each division up individually later. Do change the number of relegation places to zero (again, to simplify things)
View attachment 46460
5) In your menu bar, this 'General' tab will set rules for all the divisions in that class. Looking at the few division in the file, you'll pretty much leave this alone.
View attachment 46458
6) This 'General' tab (within the sub-divisions' tab) sets the rules for the individual league. Fill them in the same way you did previously on a division by division basis.
View attachment 46456
7) Finally, within each individual division's 'General' tab, you'll see two options for the divisions to promote and relegate to. Set these to the class above and/or below for each section to keep the teams within that district as they move up or down.

As for the tournaments, set these up in the parent division's 'Playoffs' tab to gather teams from all sections.

I know I've gone over stuff you've said you've done previously, but your database didn't reflect that.
Hope it goes well.

Thanks a lot. If the Parent leagues weren't in there I must have given you an older save. I guess my issue was i was setting the number of teams promoted and relegated in the parent league's settings too.