Need help with making my ''crossing'' tactic

coolsharpei

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

After a few seasons i've decided to go to my favourite club: Ajax, I have great wingers with high rating for crossing and pace.

I want a 4-3-3 tactic which greatly depends on crossing ( my forwards have good heading and finishing and a high pace).

I already have tried a few things but each time my forward is not going to the center of the box, and does not have the correct position to receive the cross.

Could somebody help me with making a tactic which main purpose is:

Pass to CM - Pass to Winger - Winger accelerates past RB/LB - Winger Crosses in - Header/Shot - (Goal)

I also don't get my CM's to mainly pass to the wingers.

Things im already trying:

Personal instructions:

Forward: no creative freedom, Run from deep.
Wingers: Lot of crosses, No trough passes, Aim on: Targetman, Hug outside line and Cross from back line.

Team instructions:

Crosses: standard.
Targetman: *name of forward*
Pass trough flanks.

Shouts:
Use flanks
Play on posession
Pass deep.

Really thanks a lot for the help.

I suggest using a 442 formation (diamond, 424) whichever you want to use.This way your striker wont be isolated upfront (only if you have a Complete Forward that can do more things).Crossing involves wingers with pace and obviously good crossing attributes but they need to have a good striker to cross to.A tall players with good heading jumping and strenght , an advanced forward or a poacher with good off the ball movement and heading ability.Isolating a player that is not tall or does not have off the ball movement between 2 or more central deffenders wont make him score so much.For CM i would suggest run from deep rarely if playing a 442 and short passing so the winger get the ball to feet and run at the FBs(if you want a winger to dribble he must have good flair, dribbling, acceleration, pace and decisions).It isnt neccesary to make the winger hug the touchline.Having him on "Normal" or "Move into channels" are good aswell and to make him get into the box you need to make him cross from byline so you can have him infront of goal if the other winger from the opposite part of the pitch crosses.In the 433 formation your striker has more space in where to move and he wont keep hes position.You could set him not to roam from position movement on "Normal" make hes mentality at 19 (attacking) and run from deep rarely.This way he will stay upfront.

On which should i set my striker on?

Poacher, targetman, advanced, complete? etc.

4-4-2 won't work because my wingers don't feel good with a M(l/R) position.

Use 424 ;) A good striker combo on a 424 is Deep lying forward and Poacher or Target Man with Poacher I sometimes play Trequartista with Poacer and the Trequartista has a false nine role.Or if you have a Complete forward.But considering you want crossing more i think Advanced forward and another of these (deep-lying,complete or trequartista) would be a better striker combination.I do not play with Advanced forward i prefer poacher because they just go for goals.I dont have the same impresion when using an Adv Forward.Just my oppinion.And my Poacher has its freedom set to low/normal so he stay where i want him.(i like poachers stay upfront like a real number9-a fox in the box- setting theyre mentality to 19 attack 8 or 9 freedom no forward runs normal movement no roam and crossing from mixed they stay farther than any other player and as they have good off the ball movement they stay with the last deffender trying to get past him with speed.).

First I wanna say that you won't create lots of chances orget much success with this playing style because it's too one dimensional ,pass to the wing > wingers run to the byline > cross and hope that you get the end of the crosses which don't happen very often, because most of the time the CB will clear the ball easily .It's too old-fashioned ( just look how Man Utd is playing ) but instead try to use at least 1 inside forward to bring another variation to your attack.
However if you still want to use wingers then try this setting : set your player to winger with support duty, high mentality and freedom, run from deep mixed, run with ball often, through balls and crossing to often, cross from & aim to mixed, normal wideplay and roaming. Instead of racing to the byline to cross all the time, he will be more involved to the play and createmore chance to your strikers but I still prefer to use inside forward. Hope this help:)

Thanks, yes i know this isnt the most goal producing tactic, thanks for the help but i already use another tactic because it won't make me win matches very easily hehe, but thanks for your help.