• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3K

Latinized

Banned
Reaction score
Player roles:https://gyazo.com/29aadaa3f5c023905e2efbc7ef168548
Instructions:https://gyazo.com/467060367a23ba24fa33d9f493489adb

I have been getting good results with this tactic, I have won the prem my first year and about to win my second one. I have won the league cup and europa league as well. However, I'm not pleased with the performance of my players at all. Verratti or any other midfielder playing the ap support role just cannot seem to get into the game at all. Always their average ratings are below 6. Before this, I played verratti in the dlp support role as well, however he couldn't perform there as well. Pogba is absolutely magnificent for me, scoring 20+ and assisting 15+, don't have a problem with him, however recent performances are a bit worrying since I switched verratti to the ap support role. Hazard has been good, but I still feel I need to see more out of him. Same with martial. The right wing inside forward role is as bad as verratti in his dlp/ap support role. Either mkhitaryan or mata I play, none of them can impact the game that much. Zlatan is a weird one for me tbh, one game he scores 3 and the other game he completely disappears and gets a 5 rating. Lastly, my defence is very shaky. I have such good defenders in bailly, rugani, carvajal and shaw, however they concede 3+ a match frequently. In turn my attack manages to score more than that for me to win the game, however I dislike my defence conceding so much. Its absolutely frustrating. I haven't kept a cleansheet for 10 games now and I fear I won't be able to keep scoring more than conceding when the knockout rounds of the champions league start. Can someone please help me fix my tactic?

Thank you!

For your defence, you went with an attacking strategy and very fluid mentality. Everyone will take risks bombing forward or will be high up during the attacking phase. That will leave your 2 defenders stranded most of the time. The 2 cms(ideally roles with hold position PI) in a 4-2-3-1 are the normally the 1s who should give your defence protection if you have 2 attacking fullbacks.

I guess you will want to keep Pogba role so maybe try changing the other CM into a CM(def) or DLP. At least he will won't be that high up the pitch when the opposition counters. I will also considering using just 1 attacking fullback for more protection as well, maybe the 1 on the Pogba side.

Maybe you will score fewer goals but at least your defence will be tighter.

You're essentially throwing everything forward with no defensive cover and you are asking why you give up too many goals? You have 2 people playing defense. And even worse, you're attacking mentally, high line, etc. I'm amazed you aren't getting completely crushed every single game.

Back